What do you think of this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodovico

Reaction score
Be honest. I can take it.

more%20modern%20logo.png

So I'm guessing people aren't digging this logo based on the fact that I haven't received any comments. Please leave criticism if you look and don't like. That's the only way I'll be able to make some good changes.:eek:

Here is the logo on the first label I've ever tried to do. Just gives you another look of the logo.

Milk%20Stout%20label.png

50 views and no comments. Ouch. I guess that means back to the drawing board.

Harry -

1. I like your label and logo very much.

2. You including a bar code on your label made me chuckle.

3. Don't worry about the lack of responses - posting at 9:47 and then wondering why no one has responded at 10:13 just isn't realistic, imho.

Well done on the logo and label!

Harry -

1. I like your label and logo very much.

2. You including a bar code on your label made me chuckle.

3. Don't worry about the lack of responses - posting at 9:47 and then wondering why no one has responded at 10:13 just isn't realistic, imho.

Well done on the logo and label!

Thanks! But I posted the logo and label at around 8pm last night and had no responses this morning. Yeah, the bar code might not stay on there. I thought it was funny and I put my kids' birthdays as the numbers on the bar code.

Thanks again!

I'm sure there is still some tweaking that I can do to add detail and clean it up, but I need to learn how to do that first. Any suggestions regarding this?

Thanks! But I posted the logo and label at around 8pm last night and had no responses this morning.

The timestamp for the OP for me was 10:47pm, second post at 11:13pm, and then the morning post at 8:36am.

Anyway...

I think the lettering for your label should not be blended with the barley image. The lettering should sit fully in front of the barley. That would make it a little cleaner.

EDIT: oh, and on the stout label, maybe add the green color to the area right under Bessy's belly? Seems like that was missed when you added the color.

The timestamp for the OP for me was 10:47pm, second post at 11:13pm, and then the morning post at 8:36am.

Anyway...

I think the lettering for your label should not be blended with the barley image. The lettering should sit fully in front of the barley. That would make it a little cleaner.

This is a good suggestion. I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this in inkscape. I'll work on it.

I am not familiar with inkscape, but it probably has a concept of "layers". You will want to put the barley on one layer and the text on another layer that has a transparent background. The text layer should sit on top of the barley layer.

Meadville Native??

Nope, but I'm in there every Father's Day.

I go to Cross Creek in Titusville for this big outing the day after Father's Day every year. A bunch of us go up the day before and stay at one guy's camper.

We stop at the Deerhead, decked out in our finest Cleveland Browns gear, on the way. We usually stop at the Browns bar (name escapes me) before the Deerhead.

I agree with the text change. The image is nice, but the text stretches out the label size and makes you focus on it. Try smaller text and maybe a better font imo.

I like the font you used for the text. I agree that it needs to have transparency removed. I would like to see a little more depth in the barley and hops. I'm not sure exactly how to state what I'm thinking there, but they seem a little flat. Maybe a little gradient in the coloring?

Hah! My wedding reception was at Cross Creek. Headed to T-ville for X-mas in a couple of weeks.

Small world.

Made a couple of changes. I really appreciate the feedback. I shortened the length of the text and made the grain stand out more. Also fixed the letters from being transparent.

What else? What do you think? Is this too simple of a logo?

Does anyone know how to do some other little touches to make this really stand out?

tonight%20update.png

So I'm guessing people aren't digging this logo based on the fact that I haven't received any comments. Please leave criticism if you look and don't like.

:off:
Am I the only one who won't click on a link from someone I don't know until several others have?

BTW :drunk:

:off:
Am I the only one who won't click on a link from someone I don't know until several others have?

BTW :drunk:

Yeah, I thought about that. But several have clicked. Just a logo pic, I promise. I'm going to upgrade my membership soon so I can just post pics without a link.

Hah! My wedding reception was at Cross Creek. Headed to T-ville for X-mas in a couple of weeks.

Small world.

I'm still trying to figure how when I sit at the bar they get the whole golf course to spin around every 27 minutes.

Is this too simple of a logo?

No, it's not too simple. you WANT a logo to be simple so that you can easily slap it on glasses, shirts, stickers, etc, etc all by itself, or tack it in the corner or some other location on a label with out it necessarily being the centerpiece of the label.

One more suggestion; everything, except the barley, has a thin black outline around it. If you put a thin outline on the barley, think it might help pull everything together a little.

As it is right now, the hops and text stand out and the barley looks like a ghost.

Here's another update. I outlined the grains and it stands out more. W

What do you think? Decent logo? Have to click it to enlarge. I'm an idiot.

update final.jpg

yeah... NOW you're talking. It's still a little small after the clicking, but the thing has really come together well.

I just can't make a final decision on this logo. My wife doesn't like the barley in the background. She doesn't think it's obvious what it is and it's boring. I sort of agree.

Anyone else have any creative ideas where I could go with this logo?

I think I'll be able to be pretty creative making different labels, but coming up with a solid logo to put on everything is really hard for me. I just can't settle on something.

Feel free to post any ideas. I would be SO grateful if anyone with talent messed with my brewery name and helped come up with a great logo.

Anyone willing to help?? Thanks!

I've been looking at this logo and something has been bothering me.

When people read, they scan the top of the words rather than the whole word. Try looking at a sentence with the bottom half of the words covered. You can read it with no problem. Block the top half and you can't read it.

I'm thinking Lodovico is too high on the picture. Part of the word is conflicting with the picture. Can you indulge me and try lowering Lodovico a bit?

I've been looking at this logo and something has been bothering me.

When people read, they scan the top of the words rather than the whole word. Try looking at a sentence with the bottom half of the words covered. You can read it with no problem. Block the top half and you can't read it.

I'm thinking Lodovico is too high on the picture. Part of the word is conflicting with the picture. Can you indulge me and try lowering Lodovico a bit?

I get what you're saying. When I get home tonight, I will try lowering the text and see what it looks like and I'll re-post it. Thanks for the comment.

I'm not even sure I like the logo in the background now though. What do you think about that part?

Should I just scrap it and start over? I really appreciate all honest feedback.:D

You're going to have to make your own call on some of this. There are so many different personal preferences in a large audience like this that one person will say to do one thing and another person will say to do something completely different.

If you try to please everybody, you will never be "done" with this. :D

So messing with another idea here. Went REALLY simple but I think it's alright. Yay or nay??

Simple Logo.jpg

I like your second logo but I would lighten the background a bit.
I also like your first logo. In fact, I think I prefer it. I like the fact that it's a picture rather than a geometric shape.

Perhaps you could also lighten the background in the first one, almost to a watermark but not quite. It's competing with your name.

I'll also echo Walker; do what YOU like. It's your beer.

I like the label, it's clean, simple and minimalistic, which spells "classy" for me.

Thanks. Which one are you referring to? The one on the first page or the one just a couple posts above yours??

To me, the best one so far has been post #25. I like the fact that it's an image that sits on top of your overall label image rather than an enclosed geometric shape. That makes it unique. However, you might...

1) Make the hops vines larger or the grain smaller so they are roughly the same scale with one another.
2) Remove the texture on the grain but keep the shadow and thick border.
3) Curve the text ever so slightly? Maybe. I'm not sure.

Here is the second logo on a label. Basic label also and it needs some sprucing up. It's going to take awhile to learn all the tricks and possibilities with this program. This is my first time ever messing with digital graphic software.

LodoMilkStout.png

Back