Homebrew club forming in Pittsfield, MA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_bird

10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey y'all, I've sent a couple PMs to people in the area that I thought might be interested, but in case I'm forgetting anybody...

Was out to dinner with the family this past weekend at the brewpub in Pittsfield, MA, and on the way out the door noticed that someone's trying to get a homebrew club together. The first meeting is scheduled for Friday, 10/12 (not Saturday, as I may have indicated to a few people), at the Pittsfield Brew Works, at 6:00. I've emailed the guy and let him know my interest, not sure how many others might be there; be great to have a semiregular get-together with HBT and non-HBT folks.

Shoot me a PM if you want this guys' email or phone number.

Assuming a bunch of you guys from western MA went to this, hope you had fun, met some cool HBers and a decent turnout! Represent!

There was a lot greater attendance that I expected - 20+, with only three HBT representatives (myself, bnutting, and evanmars). Good times, but disorganized. Still not 100% clear what their ultimate goal is, and there needs to be some more structure to the meetings (as much as that pains me to say).

Bill, I may be hosting a mini-get together brew session sometime next month, if you want to come down.

Will do. Wifey and I are having a kid-free weekend getaway at some point in November, but not sure which weekend yet. If it's the weekend of the 2nd, which I'm 98% sure it will be, I'm going to shoot for the following weekend. So, PRELIMINARILY, let's plan on November 11th (Sunday), so that bnutting can make it up.

EDIT: Just talked to SWMBO. November 11th will work. I'm pretty sure the next homebrew club meeting is the 9th, so maybe some folks from there will show up, too. Yankee Ingenuity V, baby!

I'd be up for the 11th.
I should be ready to brew another IPA by then.

Yeah good turnout. A LOT more than I expected. I am also courious as to what it will lead to, but I hope it turns out to be good.

I think that a little quieter place and more structure would be good.

I have November 11th on the calendar ... works for me ..

As event gets closer, you can PM directions - much appreciated ..

Back