• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

100 better bottles - 6 gallon - $399 - fresno, ca

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did pretty well. With cost of fuel and boxes I still managed to make about $700 and there were 110 bottles so I kept 10 for me. I hope everyone is as happy with the way this went as I am.

that would be worth the effort. Certainly since 10 of them would probably be $300 or more. So you brought home $1000. That's 100% return in just a couple weeks.

received today. they have certainly been used and abused. looks like red wine for both mine. but nothing oxiclean can't take care of. I don't see any scratches on the inside, and that's what matters.

Thanks for doing this.

Got all 4 of mine today. They are nice. The airlocks and stoppers are kind of gross... But those were just bonus anyways. Thanks.

Just got my 2 today, including stoppers and airlocks. They look great! Thank you BrownDog for hooking us up! Great thing to do for the community.

Got my 2 today-thanks for making it happen!

I'm still trying to figure out why there would be several hundred used better bottles in a warehouse. I could understand new if it was from a brew/wine shop that went BK.

Mine arrived today. Another satisfied customer. Hey BrownDog, let me know whey you decide to buy a couple thousand ball lock corny kegs. I will put in my advanced order for 4 now. Thanks again.

2 of my 4 put to good use already. Both IPAs

ForumRunner_20120720_132136.jpg

Pretty cool to see this thread start as "hey, caution, it's this guy's first post" and end up with what seems to be everyone happy with a damn good deal. Even though I missed out on this, very nice.

jpalarchio said:
Pretty cool to see this thread start as "hey, caution, it's this guy's first post" and end up with what seems to be everyone happy with a damn good deal. Even though I missed out on this, very nice.

You can never be too cautious. No one said not to buy them, just don't send Paypal as a gift. Glad to see it went well. Can't say the same about some of the other threads where people sent Paypal as a gift (one thread selling vials and another selling hops didn't end well)

Glad to hear everyone's happy.... I won't mention the 25 corney's I just got for free :)))))) and my wife didn't throw me out when I brought em home

Yes, BrownDog is a up standing credit to this forum, the undertaking was great and he delivered!

dpalme said:
Glad to hear everyone's happy.... I won't mention the 25 corney's I just got for free :)))))) and my wife didn't throw me out when I brought em home

Dude, you just mentioned them.

Yep got plans for all of them and use a couple for parts.

This is a second second which is on top of the others I already have

dcHokie said:
Got mine yesterday too, an overnight soak in oxyclean and they are ready for action. Thanks again BrownDog.

How many scoops of oxyclean for a 6gallon soak? Mine are in dire need of a soak!

there is not really a set amount for oxyclean. maybe like 1/4 cup or less is what I used.

If you soak with Hot water make sure the water is not over 140F or the bottles can basically melt. If you crank up your water heater I believe it's possible to get water hotter than that directly from the tap. Pretty sure mine comes out in the 130s somewhere. Do a quick search on here I've seen a few threads of people's how have deformed in some way. Here's the specs.

Back