ok, what stuffer do I buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strat_thru_marshall

Reaction score
This one?

I dont see myself doing huge batches all the time, maybe 5-10 lbs at a time, and probably not all that often...for sure not as often as I brew!!

What do you guys that have used these think? As soon as I get a real stuffer Im going to take my kitchenaid stuffer tube out in the drive way and back over it with my car.

I've been eyeballing one of those too. The Kitchenaid is fine for grinding but I refuse to use the stuffer again it's a real PITA!

That's a really nice stuffer. I'm considering the grizzly 5lb vertical stuffer, its $75, but it doesn't have the metal gears like that LEM one does. Not really sure if its a huge deal or not to have the metal gears in a home stuffer that isn't going to see a lot of abuse?

Right now, I stuff with my Northern Grinder and it works OK, but a vert stuffer would be a whole lot easier.

We just got a suffer its a Uniworld. They are 1000x better than trying to use a grinder. We make our own hamburger meat. We were spooning about 1lbs. of meat into a vacuum bag witch takes forever when you have 40-50 lbs. to do. Now we are using the plastic tubes they are pre marked. and so much ezer. 40 lbs takes us 30 min to bag and seal. the only thing I don't like about it is she will only hold 3 lbs. or so.

Buy a metal geared, vertical tube stuffer.

NOTE: If it does not have a top vent on the push plate, drill a hole, tap it, and thread a bolt in. If you have a little bit of a batch left to put in the stuffer, the trapped air will wreak havoc with your casings. The venting of the air between the meat and push plate will make things go smoothly.

That Grizzly on is just like the on I got only it is $50 cheaper. It works great for what we do.

Grizzly is excellent. Nylon gears work very well. IMO (I'm no expert) the metal gears are unnecessary. This 5# unit has a vent on the piston head to relieve air.

I have to update a thread I started recently... I have tons of pics. Here is one of some of the brats or italian I made:

IMG_4049.JPG

Why don't u look on craigslist or ebay for a nice old enterprise metal one....it will outlast your kids and make lots of memories.

Latest posts

Back