Raspberry Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good - Nice colour!

As coincedence has it - I was planning on a raspberry wheat once my Hoegaarden clone is bottled.

What recipe did you use ?

80/-

I just did a Raspberry porter. Nothing like that. When did you add your fruit? What kind did you use? What yeast did you use?

Just kinda "winged" it on the recipe. Used BeerSmith software to help me.

- 6lbs Wheat Liquid Extract
- .75oz Hallertauer Hersbrucker Pellet Hops (60 min boil)
- 3lbs Raspberry Puree added to wort last 1 min of boil
- Bavarian Wheat Yeast(Wyeast #3056) Made a starter two days before.

I will transfer to secondary probably in 5-7 days. I also have some Raspberry extract to add at bottle time if I want more raspberry flavor. Original gravity was around 1.040.

I'll keep ya posted on how it comes out.

Hey BBQBrew, any update on this? I'm looking to do either a raspberry or strawberry wheat myself soon and was curious!

Yes- I just recently made the mistake of NOT using a blow off tube. I had to syphon off almost 1/2 gallon of beer to make room for fermentation. :mad: USE YOUR BLOW OFF TUBE FOR FRUIT PUREEs KIDS!

It came out pretty good. I did not add any Raspberry extract to the bottles because it already had a pretty good Raspberry aroma and flavor. SWMBO loves it!!!! :D

My Raspberry Chocolate porter came out amazing. Probably one of my best brews today. The raspberry flavoring became real tart which is in nice balance to the chocolate malty flavors of the porter.

BBQBrew said:
Just kinda "winged" it on the recipe. Used BeerSmith software to help me.

- 6lbs Wheat Liquid Extract
- .75oz Hallertauer Hersbrucker Pellet Hops (60 min boil)
- 3lbs Raspberry Puree added to wort last 1 min of boil
- Bavarian Wheat Yeast(Wyeast #3056) Made a starter two days before.

I will transfer to secondary probably in 5-7 days. I also have some Raspberry extract to add at bottle time if I want more raspberry flavor. Original gravity was around 1.040.

I'll keep ya posted on how it comes out.
Was your puree sanitary/sterile before you added it to the boil? A 1 minute boil really won't provide decent sanitation!

IIRC, most commercial purees are already sanitized - the heating of the puree does that. If I were making a home-made puree, I'd heat it to bubbling on the stove first.

The puree was a commercial brand I purchased at the brew store, I believe it even said pasturized on the can.

Latest posts

Back