Dremel Bits Used To Polish SS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dozer4412

Reaction score
Bobby did a great job in his "polishing your keg" thread of listing all the discs needed to polish a keg, and I've used the items listed to do some really nice work.

I've got a few hard to reach areas left on my stand I was unable to hit with the angle grinder and was thinking of using the Dremel to get into these little areas. What bits have people used with good success on the Dremel to polish stainless?

Do you have or have access to a small 90* air grinder? If so you could use the rol-loc discs made by 3M. The gray unitized wheels. I am sure you could use them in a straight die grinder too. It would just be a little harder to control.

For the dremel. I would think the cotton wheels with a little polish would shine up the material pretty good. I would get the surface down with something else first. Maybe you can get your hands on some cotton seed bits. They're different from the cotton discs for the dremel. We use them at work but, the ones we have on hand have a 1/4" shank.

I guess if all else fails you could spend some alone and intimate time with your project and hand sand it with various tools.

Good Luck.:mug:

I've been using the "511E EZ Lock Finishing Abrasive Buffs" on the Dremel for cleaning up the small areas, and they have been working great. The issue is just like the fine and medium discs for the angle grinder they leave swirl marks. I’ve tried to clean them up using the “423E EZ Lock Cloth Polishing Wheel” and the “429 Felt Polishing Wheel” with the same cleaning and polishing compounds I used on the angle grinder pads, but this is still leaving a number of unsightly swirl marks.

I’m thinking I’ll try the “425 Emery Impregnated Disc” and the “520 Polishing Wheel” next. Once I’ve given these a try I’ll let people know the results. If anyone else has already found a good set of products and techniques for polishing stainless with the Dremel please share.

Back