Sankey in Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

par383

Reaction score
I just recently kegged my homebrew for the first time (a tasty cream stout). SWMBO wants a 1/6 barrel of commercial beer on tap (she hates stouts). So I bought a sankey tap and put a second tap in my fridge. However when I got the tap, I noticed it looks like it only has a spot for 1 line on it - on the side. The top is threaded, but there is no coupling on it. Am I missing a coupling on the top? And if so, which one is for the CO2 and which one is for the beer? Here is a link to the type of tap I have:

http://www.beertaps.com/dsyblwiha.html

I have my Sanyo setup so I can switch(I'll post a photo if you want) between sanke and homebrew. The links above will work for a permanent setup, but I wanted to be versatile.

Rather then getting barbed shanks, I got a tailpiece that has a 1/4' thread (You still need a nut/washer for the liquid connection), installed on the top liquid connection. I got an additional tail piece with the 1/4' thread connection and replaced the barbed gas in on my sanke adapter with that.

End result, you have a 1/4' in for the gas, and a 1/4' out for your beer. As long as your lines have 1/4' thread and you have threaded cornie connections, you can swap as need fairly easily!

Got mine at northerbrewer; for a complete two connection setup like this:

Qty 2 Gas Connector Kit - BL (Ball Lock Version)(1/4' to 1/4' screw connections w/hose)
*Qty 2 5/16" Barbed Swivel Nut (My beer lines are 5/16 tubing, so this may vary)
Qty 4 Tail Piece 1/4" MFL
Qty 2 Standard Wing Nut (or hex nut)
Qty 2 Black Neoprene Beer Washer
Qty 2 Ball Disc 1/4 MFL Liq

I just recently kegged my homebrew for the first time (a tasty cream stout). SWMBO wants a 1/6 barrel of commercial beer on tap (she hates stouts). So I bought a sankey tap and put a second tap in my fridge. However when I got the tap, I noticed it looks like it only has a spot for 1 line on it - on the side. The top is threaded, but there is no coupling on it. Am I missing a coupling on the top? And if so, which one is for the CO2 and which one is for the beer? Here is a link to the type of tap I have:

http://www.beertaps.com/dsyblwiha.html

It looks like you are missing a piece, the top should have a threaded coupling like the bottom does, the top is beer in bottom is the gas.

Back