PolyClar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NUCC98

Reaction score
OK, I've heard mention of this stuff several times, and was just wondering how clear it really can get your beer. Does it eliminate the yeast? Like, if this is used in the secondary, is bottling out of the question?

NUCC98 said:
OK, I've heard mention of this stuff several times, and was just wondering how clear it really can get your beer. Does it eliminate the yeast? Like, if this is used in the secondary, is bottling out of the question?
How clear the beer, will depend on how clear it is to start.... Rack it carefully into the secondary. Then add the polyclar for about 4 to 7 days.. One trick i use from time to time. After the polyclar has done it's duty, is to lower the temp into the 30's for a week or so. Seems to settle things out a little better, downside is, kinda puts the yeast to sleep for a while, so takes a little longer for the bottled beer to carbonate. The polyclar does not remove yeast, rather it combines with proteins that can cause chill haze, and cloudy beer in general.

Back