i have a few questions before i bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dick562

Reaction score
Is there any type of priming sugar that will help head retention?

Can i use a coffee filter when going to my bottling bucket to clean up the beer even more without affecting the taste or carbonation?

How much is to much priming sugar?

Will there be more yeast in the bottle after it has carbonated?

Can i put the bottling bucket in the fridge to settle the yeast with out affecting the beer?

Corn sugar should be fine, use 4 oz. or use some software to come up with a more precise number based on beer volume and desired carbonation level. Some people like to use DME, but I have no experience with that.

Don't do any of that other stuff. The filter could help oxygen get to the beer, which would be bad. There's no reason to put the bottling bucket in the fridge. Maybe the last bottle or two you fill will have some junk in there, but the last bottle will only be half full anyway, and then you can open the other sedimenty bottle as your first test in a few weeks.

There will be a layer of yeast at the bottom of the bottle after carbonation is done. It tends to stay put when you pour, if you pour gently and watch for it. But you could still drink right from the bottle, and drink all the yeast, and suffer no ill effects.

Keep it simple.

Back