Yost is toast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubbies

Tastes like butterdirt
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know there are a bunch of Crew fans on here. You guys hearing this?

I am watching the Astros broadcast of the Cubs game and they are saying that Ned Yost has been fired.

Two weeks to go, tied for the WC and in the middle of a pennant chase is not the time to be firing your manager IMO.

Two weeks to go, tied for the WC and in the middle of a pennant chase is not the time to be firing your manager IMO.

I think you are right. (I'm agreeing with a Cubs fan)?

My first question when I saw this was why didn't they do this much earlier-- like before the season even started. The Brewers certainly have their weaknesses, but there's no denying they are a very talented team. Under Yost they never could seem to loosen up and play to their potential.

That is what I said. In my opinion Yost was just as much to blame, if not more so, for them losing the division in 07 as their inexperience was. I said he should have been fired last year. He obviously lost his concentration and started making very weird decisions (beaning Pujols in a critical game) and getting ejected left and right. You can't have distractions like that in a pennant hunt.

Too little too late. He shoulda been fired after last season. If it weren't for him, the Crew would in the postseason easily. Would have been last year, too. Now we just have to cross our fingers and hope.

I've been saying for ages that Yost is the poorest manager in baseball. I think he's especiallly mismanaged his pitching talent, but I'm not understanding why they fired him NOW. What happened today that finally was the straw that broke the camel's back? He should have been gone ages ago, but why not finish out the season?

He should have been gone ages ago, but why not finish out the season?

Fiery emotion. Maybe should have slept on it before pulling the trigger. It'll either invigorate or implode the team. I think the latter since they're a fairly young group. Not like they weren't already imploding though...

Yep, this will throw the team into the dumps.......Of course, they seemed to be heading that way already, but this will just finish the job off......It does seem to be poor timing though. I mean hey, what are another 2 or 3 weeks when the season ends, then fire him at home.....

Back