Looking for Easy Street Wheat Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shunoshi

Reaction score
My sister lives just a bit south of Fort Collins, CO where they brew Easy Street Wheat beer. Does anyone know of a clone recipe for this beer? I'm a big fan of wheat beer and she said it's one of her favorites. I'd like to make some of it for her when she comes to visit for Xmas (of course I'd get to help her drink it :D ).

http://www.brewhut.com/TBHforum.net/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=2582

Odell Brewing Easy Street Wheat (5 gallon, extract with grains)

OG=1.045
FG=1.008
IBU = 13-18

Ingredients

3.3 Briess wheat malt extract syrup
1 lb. Briess Wheat dry malt extract
2 lb. Wheat malt
.5 lb. Munich malt
1 lb. 20L Crystal Malt
3.75 AAUs Cascade hops (.75 oz. of 5.0 alpha acid)
4.3 AAUs Saaz hops (1.0 oz. of 4.3 alpha acid)
4.5 AAUs Tettnanger hops (1.0 oz. of 4.5 alpha acid)
.75 cup corn sugar for priming
White Labs WLP029 German Ale/Kolsch yeast or Wyeast 2565 Kolsch yeast

Step by Step

Steep crushed Wheat, Crystal and Munich malts in 3 gallons of water at 150º for 30 minutes. Remove grains from wort, add malt syrup and dry malt extract to wort, and return to a boil. Add Cascade hops and boil for 60 minutes. Add Saaz and Tettnanger hops for the last 2 minutes of the boil. When done boiling, strain out hops, add wort to 2 gallons cool water in a sanitary fermenter, and top off with cool water to 5.5 gallons. Cool the wort to 80º, aerate the beer and pitch your yeast. Allow the beer to cool over the next few hours to 68º-70º, and ferment for 7 to 10 days. Bottle your beer, age for about 1 week and Enjoy!

All Grain Option:

Eliminate the malt syrup and malt powder, your grain bill will be 3.75 Lbs of Wheat Malt, 3.75 lbs. 2-Row malt, .5 lb Munich Malt, and 2 oz. of 20L Crystal malt. Mash your grains at 148º to 150º for 45 minutes. Collect enough wort (approximately 7 gallons) to boil for 90 minutes and have a 5.5-gallon yield.

Decrease bittering hops to 3 AAU’s of Cascade hops (.6 oz of 5.0 alpha acid) to account for increased hop extraction efficiency in a full boil. The remainder of the recipe is the same as the extract.

This does not answer your question, but it is roughly tangental. I just tried Easy Street Wheat last night. It was a very smooth, easy-drinking summer-style wheat beer. I had it with grilled brats and zuchs.

My town is very isolated in the middle of nowhere. The nearest two big cities are Cheyenne and Casper Wyoming, two and three hours away respectively.

Fort Collin is (correct me if I'm wrong), the nearest big city that sells home brew supplies (and a good cigar store for that matter). It is about four hours away. Someday I should stop in a try some Easy Street Wheat straight from the brewery.

I know this is an old thread, but for anyone looking at it, I believe the Crystal 20 should only be 2oz per the original recipe from BYO.

Back