How many turkey sandwiches have you eaten?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only got to have 2 since i had to leave where thanksgiving was held on saturday. considering buying one of those cheapo turkeys just so i can have more though.

my brother and i did make some stock from the carcass and made Pho with it the next day... yummm.

Zero!

Went to a friend's house for T-day, and they kept all the stuff there. Which is a good thing because I already had lots of leftovers crammed into my fridge that I have been eating since then. Finally finished the last of them today for lunch.

None, my moms cooking is absolutely horrible. Seriously, my cat won't even eat it.

SWMBO is doing a Turducken for Christmas, can't wait!!

I had one on Sunday for lunch.

We have had: reheated turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, turkey pot pie and turkey soup. Can't wait to see what SWMBO has in store for me tonight!

Knowing Michiganders as I do (the almost inlaws are all from Clarkston)... I find it hard to believe that this aggression has stood. Give my mil a call... she'll feed ya.

None...Being the unmarried guy who goes to thanksgiving, I don't end up with any turkey.

we took some leftover ham and turkey shredded it added mayo and relish and had Delicious
"club salad"

there is at least 2-3 more pounds of turkey left still

SWMBO shredded up some turkey & mixed it with BBQ sauce, wrapped it in Pillsbury crescent roll dough, put cheese on top and baked it... and voila: BBQ Turkey Hot Pockets!

Cooked a 16lb turkey for 3 o fus as we could not make it home for the holiday. Shredded up all the turkey that was left over after dinner. About 4 sandwiches so far, plenty more to go! Its like i always say, the best part about thanksgiving food is the turkey sandwiches!

None here. We normally have friends over for Thanksgiving, but that fell through this year. When it turned out it was just going to be me and SWMBO, we made reservations for our favorite restaurant in the area that was having a four course meal for $26.95. I had a perfectly cooked maple duck breast.

I wish I had leftovers though.

None. The GF and I went to her uncles place with about 24 other people. There was no turkey left at the end of the night. Later that evening, we went to her mother's place and had ham. Only about 8 of us there total, and two HUGE hams. So I've been eating ham sammiches since then.

For me, white meat, rough cut, 2 slices of white bread, mayo, salt-pepper...done. Simply perfect!

As much as we say we should do a turkey more than on Thanksgiving and Christmas we never do.

None. Am I the only one that prefers the sides at Thanksgiving to the actual turkey? I had my brother and his wife load me up with the mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, sausage stuffing, candied sweet potatoes and cookies to take home.

Haven't had a turkey "sammich" yet...but we did have soup Saturday night made from the meat and stock from one of the turkey carcasses. We'll do soup again tonight...since it is really cold and EXTREMELY windy here in northern Illinois. We also had "Turkey Shepherd's Pie" the day after Thanksgiving, which was excellent! It includes the mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans from the green bean casserole, and...turkey! Yummy!

And I'm with Passedpawn on this...I don't ever get tired of turkey! And that's why I deep fried THREE birds for FIVE people! One bird went home with the daughter who brought it; one entire bird is currently in our freezer. The third one...is history!

glenn514:mug:

None...Being the unmarried guy who goes to thanksgiving, I don't end up with any turkey.

Even when I lived alone in an apartment and not in a relationship I still did a turkey for thanksgiving even if the day after, after eating at a family dinner.

My first turkey I could not figure out top from bottom but I thought I got it right. It was not until I cut into it and found dark meat where the white would be I learned I cooked it upside down. :eek:

That white meat was the juiciest I ever had. :)

I like to cut up the turkey, heat it in the gravy and put it over pasta, spagetti works best. A little salt and pepper, yikes.

Also, If your sandwich does not contain cranberry sauce you're doing something wrong.

My soon to be fil introduced me to the wonders of leftover stuffing and gravy with a bit of turkey on a piece of buttered white bread. Butter + gravy + stuffing = love. Do the math people, it adds up.

I HATE leftovers. Hate them in all shapes/sorts/kinds.

But I did have some leftover turkey to use so I made a turkey shepherd's pie. The rest of the family ate some turkey sandwiches, though.

Back