Which B Nektar should I bring back Home?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munklunk

Reaction score
So, I have to go to a wedding in Grand Rapids in a few weeks, and I plan on bring some wonderful B Nektar mead home. Now, I've heard amazing things about the stuff, but I've never actually tasted their mead. Which ones would you say are their "essentials" and which should I drop my cash on?

Their Bourbon Barrel Mead is unbelievable! It's also insanely expensive, but you have to try it!

If you can find it try the Ken Schramm Ginger (sweet) but it is a limited release. I found it @ a whole foods near me.

Personally I like the Wildberry Pyment.

The show meads I haven't had much luck with. I've tried wildflower and orange blossom and both were dissapointing. The Tupelo was good, but I don't have anything to compair it to. I currently have a dry tupelo limited release bottle tucked away. I need to try the D's bees.

Vanilla Cinnamon- The vanilla was way to over powering and the mead itself was too sweet. It worked well over apple pie and ice cream though.

The coconut pineapple sounds really good.

Yo-Mama's Strawberry Pizzaz was good, but its limited release.

The dry shiraz pyment was good. But the next day my woman got a bottle of shiraz wine from TJ's for $4 and it was much better.

The burbon barrel tasted exactly like whiskey with only a wine kick. I think I detected clover honey so that was a negative for me.

Good luck on your selection! If I want to pick up a bottle of b-nektar I go for the wildberrry pyment or one of the special releases. The wilberry is more economic 17-18$ for a 750ml, the special releases are 21-22$ for a 375ml bottle.

The Wildberry Pyment is good. Also, their Margarita Mead was VERY good, but it is a limited release as well as the coconut/pineapple. The others are just ok to me.

If you can find it try the Ken Schramm Ginger (sweet) but it is a limited release. I found it @ a whole foods near me.

Personally I like the Wildberry Pyment.

The show meads I haven't had much luck with. I've tried wildflower and orange blossom and both were dissapointing. The Tupelo was good, but I don't have anything to compair it to. I currently have a dry tupelo limited release bottle tucked away. I need to try the D's bees.

Vanilla Cinnamon- The vanilla was way to over powering and the mead itself was too sweet. It worked well over apple pie and ice cream though.

The coconut pineapple sounds really good.

Yo-Mama's Strawberry Pizzaz was good, but its limited release.

The dry shiraz pyment was good. But the next day my woman got a bottle of shiraz wine from TJ's for $4 and it was much better.

The burbon barrel tasted exactly like whiskey with only a wine kick. I think I detected clover honey so that was a negative for me.

Good luck on your selection! If I want to pick up a bottle of b-nektar I go for the wildberrry pyment or one of the special releases. The wilberry is more economic 17-18$ for a 750ml, the special releases are 21-22$ for a 375ml bottle.

all of those are available at Siciliano's Market on M-45 (Lake MI Drive)

Wildberry Pyment

37581_416929712435_689937435_4573001_8030512_n.jpg

Back