seattle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leapdog

Reaction score
looking for a couple recommendations for a beer place while I am in seattle-tacoma. only here for next two days, so...

Maritime Brewery is great their tap room is right next door at the Jolly Roger, try their night watch.
but yeah, naked city has some great beers on tap though

Back in the mid-eighties Engine House #9 in Tacoma was a place to sample lots of great beer. Looks like it's now a brewery. Couldn't hurt to try them.

It is not bad. My wife used to work for them. The best brewery in Tacoma is The Harmon though. I am a regular there and love the brews. Also... the food is superb.

As for Seattle, Hales Ales and the Pike are two of my favorites. I also like Elysian. There are a few Elysians... I prefer the one in Capital Hill.

Brouwer's Cafe

An awesome pub with over 50 carefully selected beers on tap, mostly belgians and good local NW brews. Several hundred exotic beers in bottles. The bartenders there KNOW their beer.

If you don't like it, halesales brewery and pub is just down the road...

BoB

Looking to drink, can't beat Brouwers, Elysian, Beveridge pub place, Dog & Pony, or Stellar Pizza.

If you'd like to buy bottles to go, on the north end, check out BottleWorks (owned by the guys that run Brouwers). On the south end, check out Full Throttle Bottles (right down the street from Stellars). And even further down, 99 Bottles in Fed way.

Definitely hit up Naked City!! Its one of Seattle's best pubs. I'm in there at last once a week. If you make it up there, visit them and then head over to Pillager's Pub diagonally across the street. Visually its not on par with Naked City, but the beers are pretty good. Then heading back towards downtown there's Uber Bar, and Duck Island Ale house. Downtown you've got Pike and the Elysian. There's also a good beer pub downtown called Collins Pub. Up in Cap Hill there's the Stumbling Monk, Six Arms, and another Elysian. Elliot Bay has a pub over in West Seattle. Beveridge Place in West Seattle is supposed to be pretty good but I haven't made it out there yet though.

There's tons of great beer here man, hope you have a good time! :mug:

You should hit the Pike Brewery if you're still there. We just got back from our Seattle vacation, had one of the Pike guys take us on a tour yesterday. Very cool people, very good beers. I really enjoyed it.

I really wanted to hit up Maritime, but we didn't have time to make it over there. I did have a couple of there beers on tap at some restaurants, and they were really tasty.

Back