Spice, Herb, or Vegetable Beer Cumbertucky Vanilla Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nettekdl

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
Wyeast 1318 London Ale III
Yeast Starter
2L
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
36 SRM
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
14 Days @ 66
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
14 Days @ 66
Tasting Notes
Roasty with a lingering sweetness and full body. Hints of vanilla in aroma and flavor
This is my first recipe from scratch and I just popped the first bottle this morning and it was fantastic so I thought I would share the recipe with everyone, enjoy! :ban:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6lbs German Munich
2Lbs Wheat Malt
1lb C60
.75lbs Roast Barley
.5Lbs Chocolate Malt
Single infusion mash @154*F for 60 minutes, single batch sparge

Boil
.75oz Simcoe @ 60min
1lb Lactose @ 10min
whirlfloc @10min

Cut and scrape 3-4 Madagascar vanilla beans and soak in a neutral spirit such as vodka during primary, then add to secondary for two weeks. Carb to 2.3 Vols

This sounds interesting - think I'll have to give it a shot. Based on the name I almost expected some bourbon or something. How did you come up with the name?

I have made a bourbon oak version of this and it was ok, but I prefer it normal. The name is nothing creative lol cumbertucky brewing is the name of my garage brewery and this is a house recipie that is always on tap from October to may

Back