Stainless table work as a brew station?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBC

Reaction score
Guys, I am looking at placing my e-brewing setup (3 15-gallon tanks) on a tabletop like this: http://www.webstaurantstore.com/18-gauge-advance-tabco-ttf-304-30-x-48-stainless-steel-work-table-with-1-1-2-backsplash-and-galvanized-undershelf/109TTF304.html

It will hold 350lbs -- and figuring water weight of 8lbs per gallons x 20 gallons or less in the bucket at a time (160) plus 10lbs of grain, and 80lbs of equipment would still be much less than the weight load.

Anyone used these and had issues?

They work great. Only issue I had was having to move it off the carpet each time I use it (due to leaks and boilovers). This was remedied temporarily with furniture movers. Casters to come in the future.
428792_10151093041798313_1007931286_n.jpg

They work great. Only issue I had was having to move it off the carpet each time I use it (due to leaks and boilovers). This was remedied temporarily with furniture movers. Casters to come in the future.
428792_10151093041798313_1007931286_n.jpg

are there crossbars underneath? I was looking at ordering a larger size of this table and wouldnt trust it without crossbars

It's Chinese, but it's not going anywhere. Yes, the top is reinforced, specs here:
http://prima-restaurant-equipment.com/catalog/stainless-steel-commercial-work-table-48-x-24-galvanized-undershelf-and-legs-stt-2448-e-8337

I swear they gave me a load rating too, but when I bought mine it was "Prima," looks like they are now "Atlantic." In fact, now that I think about it, they used to show pictures of the hat channels too. Well, you can see them in the video still. They run the length of the table where the legs mate.

I have been looking at tables like these to put an electric HLT and cooler MLT on. The one in the link above is pretty nice, $125 shipped is a good deal. :mug:

Back