What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol you do get desensitized after a while and sometimes forget other people may not be.

Yup I love dinner with her family as her dad squeals at her stories
from work and always tries to enforce a no work story rule.

Water, feeling like I might be getting sick on top of everything else.
Doctor said to gargle with salt water for the scratchy throat, too bad I can't tilt my head back:(

Sorry to hear! Feel better soon! Package will be in the mail in the next day or two. SWMBO went to a ups place tonight for me and it was closed already. Sorry for the delay.

Doctor said to gargle with salt water for the scratchy throat, too bad I can't tilt my head back:(

Chef try anti-inflammatories like Motrin and I like to alternate heat and ice. It's surprising how easily we can injure out back and backs. I've had the same type of injury myself but mine wasn't relegated to my neck I could feel it when I rotated my shoulders as well.

Why not... It's the one I want! She started with the bastard and actually liked it. Only three left in the cellar and now I have competition for them.

Yup I love dinner with her family as her dad squeals at her stories from work and always tries to enforce a no work story rule..

I try to have that rule but my wife refuses to follow it. One thing for sure is that I have seen enough suffering for a couple lifetimes so I removed myself emotionally a long time ago. You can't survive long if you dont.

I try to have that rule but my wife refuses to follow it. One thing for sure is that I have seen enough suffering for a couple lifetimes so I removed myself emotionally a long time ago. You can't survive long if you dont.

Yup. SWMBO works in the ICU so she deals with the bad stuff regularly. I, however, don't detach myself from work as easily. ****.
Last pour before bed.

Have you watched any of the HBO special they do a pretty good job exploring the history of music in the different cities they recorded in.

No but I need to. We almost bought tickets for their show in Denver, but I've seen them twice and we are going to see The Book of Mormon two weeks after the concert would have been so we passed. Freakin best band around in my opinion.

Is that a fire/ems patch I see?

Yep, they make good coasters. We got new uniforms awhile back and did away with patches. I promoted off the medic unit about three weeks ago after 10+ yrs on it. I've noticed my drinking consumption has gone down considerably now that I drive a pumper

Damn, what a week. Not awesome so far. Sometimes being a firefighter/ paramedic really sucks. Especially close to the holidays. Ill leave it at that.

Tonight??
2x Sierra Nevada Celebration
2x Lagunitas Maximus
1x Woodford Reserve 2oz pour
1x Hudson Whiskey Baby Bourbon 2 oz pour

Im doing good after my 48 hour shift. Hope all you fellas are good.

Been an extremely long 5 days but grandpa is resting in peace.

2013 vers

In memory of an 80 year old beast who taught me how to farm, shoot, run a business, and earn respect

Sorry to hear, never an easy thing to deal with.

Solid point. I need a hiding place.

I hear you can set- up a TV in the kids room and hide there, right @remmy ? ;)

Yea, saw that. Does sound pretty backward, especially considering the progress they've made otherwise recently in terms of changing TABC policies.

That law was forced to be passed. If that one didnt none of the others would have been. Retarded lawers with distributors in their pockets

South African Rugby Memorabilia ?

Nice!

had the pleasure of watching a few matches down there in '12. Crazy ones they are

Yeah, I played rugby in college. Had a blast though I wasnt all that good at it. That is the problem of being a tall skinny guy, I run high and the short stout guys made me fly. At least I can take a hit.

Parents brought it back from a trip there. I was a fan of the Bocks and All Blacks. What a game.

To save the throat, I swear by a room humidifier in the bedrooms. I started getting the sore throats in the mornings and remembered to bring mine out of storage to use and immediately I am feeling better.

Coffee. Kinda weak, having a morning. Woke up in the middle of the night and couldnt fall back asleep for almost 2 hours. Got to work, turned on the electric teakettle to make my coffee with, came back 10 minutes later and half filled the french press. Then realized that some jerk had unplugged the thing yesterday so I was attempting a cold brew of sorts. It is going to be a day for sure.

Water. So going from shift schedule to a 40hr work week this week to ride a desk for retraining is really starting to get old. Sitting in traffic going to work sitting in traffic coming home, walking the dog then starting dinner, shower fall asleep watching the news then repeat. I don't know how people do this week after week and still find time to drink beer or run errands. Friday can't get here fast enough.

Feeling better this morning, I have plenty of time at work so I took another day, when to do some laundry and there where two new to me kegs soaking in the slop sink the washer drains into so I'm overhauling them, another two to do also.

Giving roasting my own coffee a try, having my first cup, I like!

:mug: to Grandpa. RIP

Sorry for your loss.

i was talking to a paramdic once and he told me some person was so heavy they couldnt wait them at the hospital. So they drove to the nearest truck weight station and weight the truck with and without the person to get their weight. Lol

Sorry man. Never easy. Lost both of mine within a year.

RIP grandpa.

I lost all of my grandparents and immediately felt so sad. They're the ones who teach us everything, even if it's just how to shop on QVC.

Sorry for your loss

Sorry for your loss, sounds like a good man.

Sorry to hear about your grandfather 88. It's always hard.

View attachment 240938

My condolences.

My Doppelsticke Alt and tipping a swig for grandpa.

Sorry for your loss.

All 4 of my grandparents were gone before I was 5. I'm sure I missed a lot of wisdom and fun due to that.

I like the idea of being a nurse or doctor, just can't deal with all the yucky stuff. :)

Nightcap?
View attachment 240942

Sorry to hear, never an easy thing to deal with.

I hear you can set- up a TV in the kids room and hide there, right @remmy ? ;)

Thank you ladies and gents for the condolences

Grandpa didn't know any if you guys but he would have been in good company around here

Wow, atimm. Saw that. My condolences.

Having water at the moment after throwing weights around.

Pet peeve of the month for me: people who wear these to the gym
5toe_sports_shoes_13-711265.jpg

Those things are ****ing retarded.

Killed two mugs of coffee, downloaded some preventative anti-virus & working on one of three books while talking on here. Multitasking works sometimes...

Back