Dead Like Me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Anyone watched this show? Just started watching it via Netflix. Never even heard of it before but just watched Season 1. Really well done.

I really liked it...very cool premise and beautifully shot. The main character is not real likeable, but I think that's the idea...annoyed little girl dealing with death.

Dead people who turn into grim reapers.

How does it not surprise me that DB liked it then.

Is it on "watch instantly" on netflix?

They only made 2 seasons, sadly. I wanted it to go on for much longer, but it just kind of petered out at the end. The wife and I loved that show, and still have the 2 seasons on DVD.

hmm, have you seen wonderfalls? I think it only went for 1 season. not as dark but very entertaining. plus the main character is super hot

I second the notion that the main character is hot! I love that pouty look and her lips are fantastic! I would totaly drug her and throw her in the trunk of my car any day of the week!

I have said to much......

: looks around nervously :
: jumps out first floor window :

I liked the show despite it's annoying cast. It had a very cool premise. But, I just kept expecting Mandy Patinkin to start that awful high pitch singing of his at any time.

Gotta get the movie, never knew it existed. I really enjoyed this show when it was on showtime originally. I really like Reggie (the little sister) for her brutally honest personallity. She ended up pretty hot too.
:off: Netflix has really gotten me into series I never knew existed. I just got done with season one of The Wire. For a guy who grew up in a town void of crime other than the occasional dui, moonshiner, poacher or wood thief, this show blows me away.

Dead Like Me was pretty clever, but I still think Pushing Daisies was Brian Fuller's best. Too bad he is cursed to only get two seasons at most out of all his shows.

Pushing Daisies was great. It seemed to be able to mix that odd, cheerful quality with a dark concept. Brilliantly done...until Olive starts singing.

How can that girl be so damn attractive and so damn annoying at the same time?

dead like me is awesome. loved it and recorded all the shows. and i do want to watch the new one. sad that it ended. but so did several other shows i liked that only lasted a season or 2. =(

I really dug that show. All the characters seemed to do really well together, the subplots were really done well. Ellen Muth (who played George) was a spitting image of an ex of mine. So many dirty thoughts, so many dirty thoughts...

I didn't know they made a movie. i've got to watch it now.

B

Canadian actress Caroline Dhavernas... star of that wonderfalls show.

cin.jpg

Canadian actress Caroline Dhavernas... star of that wonderfalls show.

cin.jpg

Sweet mother persephone!

In the debate on the existence of god, this is evidence against my position. I had a crush on this girl the first time I saw that show :)

Back