Quickest recipes ever?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukebrewer

Brew the brew!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So a lot of you already know I will be leaving in the beginning of the year to do my duty. Thing is, I'm not even gone yet and I've already got the itch again since doing my last batch last Saturday. I know I will be pulling in to port (not necessarily home port) from time to time for a week to 2 weeks. I know there are some beers that can go from fermenter to glass very quickly. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should brew during these chance in-port periods?

Cool thanks. I'll put it on my list. 14 days is a while for my situation, but if I do a small batch (3 gallons?) and use two smack packs it should ferment out pretty quickly. A couple extra days conditioning and bottle condition for a week, should be ready for a last day in port party.

For quick turn around not much beats a hefe, but how about going the other way, brew something that won't be ready until you get back (big, sour etc...). Good luck.

For quick turn around not much beats a hefe, but how about going the other way, brew something that won't be ready until you get back (big, sour etc...). Good luck.

Hey Michael! Good to have your input here- I've been a fan of your blog for a while now.
:D

As others have said, the lighter the better.

Turnaround like this would be easier with kegs, but you obviously don't have that option.

Hefes are good, they ferment fast and taste great young.

I'd go with a hefe or a mild, you could get away with low carbonation on the mild and save a bit of time as well.

Personally, with bottling, I would open your search up a bit and look at things that can be in bottle in 2 weeks, but not try and brew something day 1 to drink day 14. I don't think there is much that will be drinkable and properly carb'd after 1 week in primary and 5 days in bottle.

Back