labeling kegs in the keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kappclark

Reaction score
What do folks use to identify the kegs in the keezer ?

I don't have taps yet, so will be using cobra taps....(normally you wld I.D. the taps..)

Can u tell I am new to kegging ?

I also use cobra taps, but only two kegs. Sometimes I just take some package tape and mark the beer line right by the cobra tap. I use 10 ft of beer line, so that's looped and twisty tied, just loose enough to be able to pour a pint.

I also use cobra taps, but only two kegs. Sometimes I just take some package tape and mark the beer line right by the cobra tap. I use 10 ft of beer line, so that's looped and twisty tied, just loose enough to be able to pour a pint.

:off: Yoop...mind if I get your opinion on this thread? Looks like you have the setup that I'm trying to put together.

Blue Painters tape on the bale on the lid with a sharpie. Cheap, easy, and come off with little effort.

KeezerIsFull.jpg

The yellow marking is yellow electrical tape and marks my beer out post. I'm doing this to all my kegs.

I really like the Blue painters tape. It doesn;t leave a sticky residue on the keg after it has set a while like duct tape but, it does have issues with condensation. Never lost one tho'.

Ifin' ya want to get real crafty. Search for the chalkboard paint on a keg project somehwre in these boards.

I have some magnetic photo holders that are 4x6. I make a label, print, place into the holder and stick it to the kezzer above the keg.

710449194-MVC-675F.JPG

I have some magnetic photo holders that are 4x6. I make a label, print, place into the holder and stick it to the kezzer above the keg.

710449194-MVC-675F.JPG

Great idea!!

I use these
images

Not very pretty but I always know whats in my kegs. I just wrap the wire a round a keg handle and write whats inside

I just painted my freezer door (above the fridge) with the chalkboard paint tonight. Three coats of the roller paint.

I also use masking tape with the beer name, %, and the date brewed.

Part of my fun when I make a new brew is to create a label about the size of a business card (I use Photoshop for this to make it look cool, but a sharpie works fine too) then I laminate it using business card sized laminating pouches that I bought at Staples or Office Depot for a couple of bucks for 100. I then punch a hole through one corner and attache it to my Corny with a wire tie. Totally reusable, no issues with condensation, never had one fall off. It works out to less than a penny each when all is said and done. Wire ties can be bought at Costco or some other goliath by the thousands for a few bucks and there is a virtual potpourri of uses around the home.
Just my $.02....

EdWort, I'm heading out right now to buy some colored electrical tape for my kegs, what a great idea to mark the outlet...Hmmmm

Blue Painters tape on the bale on the lid with a sharpie. Cheap, easy, and come off with little effort.

KeezerIsFull.jpg

The yellow marking is yellow electrical tape and marks my beer out post. I'm doing this to all my kegs.

+1 on blue painters tape - I just stick mine right on the side of the keg though but Ed's method looks better as it will prevent the tape falling off due to condensation.

EDIT: I've always wanted to do this as well - https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/put-blackboard-your-keg-57127/

+1 on blue painters tape - I just stick mine right on the side of the keg though but Ed's method looks better as it will prevent the tape falling off due to condensation.

I write on the tape while it is still on the roll, then I pull off about 8 inches or so and run it under the bale and line it up and put the two sticky sides together. I then trim the rough edge with scissors.

It lasts for months till the keg is empty.

All the kegs I own have indentations in the rubber indicating it's the "IN" side. I can hook-up in the dark if I had to...;)

All mine have tell-tale pins but, I still like the idea of the "Yella" tape as a quick indicator. Of course, with me this would still result in a FAIL. It takes me so long to kick a keg I'd forget which post I am marking between changes. :p

All the kegs I own have indentations in the rubber indicating it's the "IN" side. I can hook-up in the dark if I had to...;)

Mine do too, but in the dark inside of a fridge, it can be hard to locate, especially if you've already been at the beer and need to swap to a "backup" keg. Also, it would be a good visual check to ensure you're putting the dip tubes back in the right places when cleaning kegs.

wow - GREAT ideas, esp the yellow duct tape ... that will come in real handy as the in-use keg population increases ...

My pin lock kegs are not labelled in or out, so this will be very useful....

Blue painters tape, yellow electical tape, sharpie .... I think I've got it !

Back