might have a problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fast636

Reaction score
not a big one but i went into my LHBS today for the first time since i just found out about the place this weekend. really small but has a nice selection of stuff. i ask the guy for dextrose and he handed me a bag i bought and left with out even looking at it. i got home and noticed the lable says maltodextrin. Is this the same stuff or competly defferent. sorry for the noob question but guess its a learning day lol

completely different, maltodextrin is to add body and aid head retention and some residual sweetness. Dextrose is corn sugar and should be completely fermentable, which should dry and thin out a beer. You might be able to get away with using sucrose--what's your recipe?

i was getting it for bottling i'll just stop back at the shop and get some dextrose tomorrow i had a feeling it was different but figured i would ask. oh well i'll keep it for a later date.

Back