Jeep Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hippie

Reaction score
I know there are quite a few Jeep folks here and I was looking for a bit of knowledge. I am looking at getting a '94 ZJ (Grand Cherokee), as I've had 1 before and loved it. this one has high mileage, and needs a little TLC.

My question is has any done an in-tank fuel pump replacement before?

I am mechanically capable, I was just wondering where this rates on the ball busting scale and what is involved...

go to jeepin.com and search for this, if no thread exists, post something up, the people there are very helpful...I have a '01 Cherokee so I am of no help.

I haven't done it on a jeep. I have done it in a Nissan. I guess it all depends on if you have to remove the gas tank. If not, its do-able in a couple of hours.

Wear latex gloves when you do it. It helps keep the gas from soaking into your skin.

I can also tell you, its would have been an easier job if the gas tank wasn't full and it wasn't 30F in my detached garage.

ColoradoXJ13 said:
go to jeepin.com and search for this, if no thread exists, post something up, the people there are very helpful...I have a '01 Cherokee so I am of no help.

<GASPS>

*clutches chest* *utters, jeepforum* *Falls off chair*

Hippie...check out www.jeepforum.com .

The owner of this site owns jeepforum, and as good as this place is, that place is its equal as far as knowledge.

Just a wag, but I'd say that project is a 6 (maybe 7) (out of ten) on the difficulty scale because you'll have to drop the tank. It is do-able though, IMHO.

Latest posts

Back