Used kegerator buying question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlanier01

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I found a used kegerator on craigslist for $250. It hasn't been used in 2 years.

Besides replacing all the hoses and cleaning, sanitizing everything, I plan on buying a new Cornelius keg, 2-gauge regulator, and new CO2 tank.

What should I be looking for in terms of defects? As long as the fridge works, should I care about anything else. Trying to avoid buying a lemon.

Thanks!

It's a factory kegerator from haier.

You are pretty much right now about what all you need to replace/clean. $250 seems like an aweful lot for something that has not been used in 2 years. You could pick up a fridge and by a whole kit for less than that. I bought my haier keezer for $25, it will hold 2 cornelius kegs and does not have a collar. But one of the best things for that $25 I got the keezer with a temp control, single chrome tower, co2 tank, all the lines and regulator. Just be patient and I think you can get a much better deal.

You are pretty much right now about what all you need to replace/clean. $250 seems like an aweful lot for something that has not been used in 2 years. You could pick up a fridge and by a whole kit for less than that. I bought my haier keezer for $25, it will hold 2 cornelius kegs and does not have a collar. But one of the best things for that $25 I got the keezer with a temp control, single chrome tower, co2 tank, all the lines and regulator. Just be patient and I think you can get a much better deal.

wow. It was prebuilt for that price? Great find! :mug:

I thought the hoses would only be about $25 to replace them all, plus refilling the tank. The whole thing is already assembled, so I was trying to save time by not building one.

Are you suggesting buying a fridge and a kit is cheaper than $250? Please send me some links, because the single faucet kits I have been finding are about $189.00 (keg connection) and a used mini fridge is about $90... plus I'd have to build it.

Thanks for any links or stores you know of with cheaper prices.

Ya it was. My buddies say I am a Gypsy because I always find great deals. Last week I swapped out the single tower for a dual that came with a stainless steel drip tray for $25. I gave the drip tray to my buddy Dave at the LHBS for $25 credit. So I look at it like I got a dual for free. I painted it red last week too, its now called the keg-a-razor. The wife got me a custom carved tap handle, we both are Arkansas alumni. The custom tap handle she had a guy off www.etsy.com custom make it.

DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0303.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

DSC_0301.jpg

there are deals out there I paid 150 $ for this one brand new at Home depot it was just out of the box but it was complete. the one on the right

kegerator51.jpg

Latest posts

Back