New Meadery startup in Northern Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuumi

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My brother and I have worked nights and weekends to get a meadery started. We've got a Kickstarter page going to raise funds to complete the last few things.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1249281777/bee-well-meadery-dug-deep-in-northern-michigan
If anyone has any question about the process of going commercial I'd be happy to answer them. Also, if you're interested in watching the progress of a meadery go through its growing pains you can like us on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BeeWellMeadery
Thanks

And I wish you could ship to KY. So many commercial things I want to try, but hampered by shipping laws.
Best of luck in your a-mazing venture!

...Sara

I'll be sure to follow you as we will be starting our TTB forms this year, so maybe I can learn a thing or two from you guys before then.

Good luck, thanks for sharing.

You're opening one, Ken schramm's opening one in Troy, we have B Nektar in Ferndale, Dragonmead does mead... We're rapidly becoming the "great mead state."

:mug:

Plus Kuhnhenn, Bardic Wells, Acoustic Mead, Superior Lakes, and I believe there are a few more.

Right next to Shorts?

Not right next to it but a couple miles down the road in the country. We won't have a tasting room at first so we'll only be able to sell to stores and distributors. Our first mission is to just get the place open and start making mead. There is a building in town for sale that I'd just love to had but sadly it's not in the budget.

Fun fact: Anyone ever have The Curl from Short's? There's a guy on the front of the bottle balancing a pint on a stick on his chin while pulling a pint from the tap. That's my brother. He's the guy in the video standing with the hives in the video. He's was an original bartender at Short's and worked there for a couple years.
Here's a link again if you want to see if he looks familiar.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...g-deep-in-northern-michigan?ref=home_location

Please consider pledging a few bucks. Every little bit helps.. :mug:

tuumi said:
Not right next to it but a couple miles down the road in the country. We won't have a tasting room at first so we'll only be able to sell to stores and distributors. Our first mission is to just get the place open and start making mead. There is a building in town for sale that I'd just love to had but sadly it's not in the budget.

Fun fact: Anyone ever have The Curl from Short's? There's a guy on the front of the bottle balancing a pint on a stick on his chin while pulling a pint from the tap. That's my brother. He's the guy in the video standing with the hives in the video. He's was an original bartender at Short's and worked there for a couple years.
Here's a link again if you want to see if he looks familiar.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1249281777/bee-well-meadery-dug-deep-in-northern-michigan?ref=home_location

Please consider pledging a few bucks. Every little bit helps.. :mug:

Were you looking at the spot where the old French Bulldog was? That is a great spot...too bad, you could catch a lot of overflow and complimentary traffic. But I'm excited as I spend a lot of time up there. I will look for it and talk to my wife about becoming a VIP. Also I have had The Curl. Any chance you could guest tap at Shorts?

Were you looking at the spot where the old French Bulldog was? That is a great spot...too bad, you could catch a lot of overflow and complimentary traffic. But I'm excited as I spend a lot of time up there. I will look for it and talk to my wife about becoming a VIP. Also I have had The Curl. Any chance you could guest tap at Shorts?

A guest tap would be great but I'm not sure they'd be able to without having a wine license. It's one of those strange rules the TTB has. The building you are referring to would be a stellar spot. I just looked yesterday and there are a couple places available in town. That's down the road though. We just need to get open and making mead. Once we get rolling that will be the next step for sure.

Back