This is correct right?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlainD

Reaction score
This is normal and not an infection right? I'm pretty sure it's not infected but this is my first one and am not sure. It tastes Awsome though! and smells like beer so I'm not too worried.

Photo0109.jpg

It's kind of blurry but looks like floating yeast to me. A good thing.

B

That looks pretty normal and if it doesn't taste "funky" you should be good to go.

It's kind of blurry but looks like floating yeast to me. A good thing.

B

Thanks!

Sorry about the bad pic. Was in a Hurry trying to clean a few extra bottles before I had to be back at work. Want to Bottle for the first time tonight!

Thanks!

Sorry about the bad pic. Was in a Hurry trying to clean a few extra bottles before I had to be back at work. Want to Bottle for the first time tonight!

How long in primary? If less than a few weeks I'd wait a while longer.

B

Have you checked the gravity along the way? Three weeks should be fine, but you can never be too safe. This summer, I bottled a Belgian wit after only two and a half weeks in the primary, and experienced my first two bottle bombs. After that, I make sure to take at least two readings before bottling.

By the way, it looks like some kind of stout?

Have you checked the gravity along the way? Three weeks should be fine, but you can never be too safe. This summer, I bottled a Belgian wit after only two and a half weeks in the primary, and experienced my first two bottle bombs. After that, I make sure to take at least two readings before bottling.

By the way, it looks like some kind of stout?

I haven't taken any readings. was afraid I'd contaminate it.

Back