Commercial Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilvaRizla

Reaction score
Are there kits available that are similar to commercial stuff, I am looking for replicas of Boddingtons, Bud, Heineken, and Stella

Thanks

Silva

Clone Brews is another source you might want to consult that lists receipes in AG and extract. It's available at all the big chain bookstores.

You want to brew Bud and Heineken??? I doubt you'll beat their prices, especially for Bud.

Boddington's I can understand. The secret there is flaked barley and a nitro tap.

Cheers :D

I've never made this so I can't vouch for it. Try this:

Budweiser Clone by Karl Glarner Jr. (Thanks Karl!)

This is a great, easy-to-make pilsner-style beer made with ale yeast — no lagering required. Comes close to many commercial light pilsners, with just a bit more flavor. (5 gallons)

Ingredients:

• 2.5 lbs. extra light dry malt extract
• 1.5 lbs. light honey
• 1 oz. Cascade hops (6% alpha acid): 0.25 oz. for 60 min., 0.25 oz. for 30 min., 0.5 oz. for steeping
• 1 tsp. Irish moss for 15 min.
• 1 tsp. gypsum
• Wyeast 1056 (American ale) or Yeast Lab Canadian ale (AO7)
• 3/4 cup corn sugar for priming

Step by Step:

Bring 2 gal. water to boil.

Remove from heat and add dry malt, honey, and gypsum. Return to boil.

Total boil is 60 min.

Add 0.25 oz. Cascade and boil for 30 min.
Add 0.25 oz. Cascade and boil for 15 min. more.
Add Irish moss and boil for 15 min. more.
Turn off heat, add 0.5 oz. Cascade hops, and steep for 2 min.
Pour into fermenter and top up with cold, preboiled water.
When cooled below 70° F pitch yeast.

Ferment seven to 10 days in primary at 70° F or below, then transfer to secondary and ferment another seven days. Prime and bottle.

I honestly don't know....now in my own defense I do brew a Budvar, the Czech version of Bud.

I've spent several overnight trips to the town of Budweis. :D :D

You can drink 0,5 liter glasses for $0.53 (American) in any gasthaus! :D :D

Boddington's I can understand. The secret there is flaked barley and a nitro tap.

what is a nitro tap? Is that the co2 n2 blend.

AHammer16 said:
what is a nitro tap? Is that the co2 n2 blend.

Yes, plus the "Guinness" tap which has a diffuser built in. Although, I visited my homebrew shop this weekend and the owner told me to force carbonate my cold keg with C02 at 20 PSI shaking for about 20 minutes. Disconnect the C02 and Connect the N2 at 20PSI to push it. No more C02 from here on out. Does this sound right? I always thought it was a mix.

All I know is that my friend has a gas mix. Thats the only cylinder he has. Doesn't mean one way is better/right/etc. Just throwing out another experience. I personally don't have any experience...just CO2 for me.

Back