Corny "out side" size for ratchet... is it 7/8's?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a 7/8" on mine, if that's what you're asking. Not sure what "out side" is. I'm not the best with names and classifications of tools.

ok so its a deep socket 7/8's then. Thats what I thought it was. I only have a 3/4's so I guess Ill run to lowes tomorrow and grab a 7/8's thanx

You may want to take the keg with you- I have 7 kegs, with 3 different sized posts. Most are 7/8", but I have a couple that are 11/16", and one is a star!

I thought they were all one size, but I have 7/8", star, and some that are probably an inch. You can take them off with an adjustable wrench or pliers too.

Get 2 combination wrenches. 11/16 and 7/8 with both open and closed ends. I also have a rubber mallet for the really stuck ones.

Vice grips and hammer for me, some times when I get a new keg it is a real pain to get off.

Noooooo......

I have found regular two headed combination wrenches work just fine for me - you need to use the closed end of the wrench, it will give you just enough "throw" - ie angle - to turn the plugs -works on hexagonal and 12 sided fittings too.

Back