What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha uh oh. Hbt time out or swmbo time out?

Just HBT, wifey thought it was hilarious and kept me up to date on the heady thread from her account. Can't lose sight of the white whale for any reason.

Nord. Did you learn anything about your time out? if not you have to be placed back in the corner

I did, I learned that I'm horribly addicted to HBT. They need a clinic for people trying to quit. :ban:

Welcome back Nordy! You weren't on a drinking time-out as well were you ;)

:mug:

Now that's just plain silly.

Welcome back Nord. Hope it wasn't from that Heady thread haha. That escalated quickly. Nice to see ya. After watching my nephew Ill need a few cold ones

'Twas the HT thread. I got sick of all the skepticism and know it alls. When I posted a pic of my clone and some troll said it looked like grapefruit juice, instead of laughing at the fact he'd pretty much just admitted to never even seeing Heady Topper himself, I lost my cool. When the same troll PMed me talking about "b¡tch" this and "*****" that, my Irish got the best of me. Apparently text walls of why I hate this dude are frowned upon in this place. ;) Luckily, Homercidal was good enough to remind me of HBT's handy ignore feature. Works like a charm.

Oh yeah, drinking. Working on the last cup of hours old coffee before calling it a day and getting into some brews.

Just HBT, wifey thought it was hilarious and kept me up to date on the heady thread from her account. Can't lose sight of the white whale for any reason.

I did, I learned that I'm horribly addicted to HBT. They need a clinic for people trying to quit. :ban:

Now that's just plain silly.

'Twas the HT thread. I got sick of all the skepticism and know it alls. When I posted a pic of my clone and some troll said it looked like grapefruit juice, instead of laughing at the fact he'd pretty much just admitted to never even seeing Heady Topper himself, I lost my cool. When the same troll PMed me talking about "b¡tch" this and "*****" that, my Irish got the best of me. Apparently text walls of why I hate this dude are frowned upon in this place. ;) Luckily, Homercidal was good enough to remind me of HBT's handy ignore feature. Works like a charm.

Oh yeah, drinking. Working on the last cup of hours old coffee before calling it a day and getting into some brews.

Assuming all the posts in question have been deleted, man I wish I'd been following that thread. Hah.

image-222223360.jpg

Assuming all the posts in question have been deleted, man I wish I'd been following that thread. Hah.

Yes, the thread posts are. I still have all his PMs. It was a show for sure, I didn't think we were gonna get banned, Yuri said knock it off or else, Homer said put each other on "ignore". I did, was told he did, all the posts got deleted, but an hour later, BANHAMMER. :ban:

Yes, the thread posts are. I still have all his PMs. It was a show for sure, I didn't think we were gonna get banned, Yuri said knock it off or else, Homer said put each other on "ignore". I did, was told he did, all the posts got deleted, but an hour later, BANHAMMER. :ban:

And now you're punishing us with the banana. I wish there was an ignore function for that thing. Good to know you can ignore members, though.

mcbaumannerb said:
Iron Hill Hop-Anonymous. Single hopped with an experimental hop from Roy Farms ... Nice buttering but aroma and finish are a little lacking.

I love a beer with nice buttering, it helps stave off the flamenting crabboys, and accentuate the breast malts.

Qhrumphf said:
Oh no. Now someone's gonna come up with a diacetyl-laden breast milk stout.

That does sound delicious.

Edit* that might of been too many old jokes wrapped up into one line.

Tiber_Brew said:
I have 4 more of those left in my fridge. What did you think about this year's batch? I wasn't that impressed... (relatively, of course)

This was the first year that I had it, luckily the manager at the local liquor "let" me buy a 6 pack off of his personal case. I thought it was exceptional, that is judging it as a stand alone beer.

I'm in a malty mood tonight. This a great stout. Very smooth roast, solid bitterness, wonderful vanilla character along with another something I can't identify, some spice that's going great in this. I didn't even I know I got this beer here 'cause I've never seen it here, but I saw it yesterday and I was stoked.

8496603068_3cafe58cf3_b.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
Bittering ... damned iPhone! This one is a chinook IPA and has a bit more flavor.

I also suffer from the dreaded iPhone autocorrect (bready malts = breast malts). I do think that from now on, when I refer to bittering (my phone just changed it to buttering by the way, like buttering is a super common word), I will change it to buttering. Buttering is awesome, as is autocorrect. If you don't believe me, type in the word puppy on a phone ( I am 95% sure you are reading the word "puppy", not what I originally typed).

image-3636243921.jpg

Wake-N-Bake.

This was the first year that I had it, luckily the manager at the local liquor "let" me buy a 6 pack off of his personal case. I thought it was exceptional, that is judging it as a stand alone beer.

It's all over the shelves up here, but I only got one six pack this year because I wasn't that impressed compared the previous batches. I thought it had a "sharper" bitterness to it, and lost its smooth but super strong hop flavor. Still, it's a stand up beer, nonetheless! :mug:

Billy-Klubb said:
quaffing some quaffable quaffer. it's quaffalicious. quaff.

There's that autocorrect again. I'm betting those 'a's are supposed to be 'e's.

I'm drinking a bottle from the first batch of homebrew I assisted with, a quad. Should get me loosened up enough to pop a few spendy bottles for no particular reason tonight.

Back