The Age old Question: Drink it or Cellar it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrookdaleBrew

Reaction score
I have come into possession of 1 bottle of the most sought-after beer in my state this year. The buzz for it was nuts.

I've had the beer on draft, (kegs were more widely available) but everyone has said the bottled version is much better. I was only able to score 1 bottle (they only bottled 1000 of them and held like 30 back at the brewery.) What to do, what to do?

5288890798_f4d40e7cf7.jpg

Well if you had two of them I would say drink one now and cellar one for later. Since this is not the case I would go ahead and crack it open and enjoy it for Christmas.

But then again since you have had it on tap and know what fresh tastes like, maybe you should cellar it and let it mellow and age.

Do you have anything else lined up for Christmas drinking?

I would store it in the refrigerator until until next Christmas. I always do that with a bomber of Trader Joe's holiday beer. At Christmas, they're always a special treat for SWMBO & myself.

Back