Full dimensions of a half-barrel keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tspilker

Reaction score
I have been scouring the net for someone who has already done this, but I cant seem to locate one. I want to make a standard keg in SolidWorks. This way I can mockup my plans for building my keggle in the coming weeks. I have access to the machine shop here on campus, but the machinist likes to see good designs before we embark on a project.

This also gives me some good design experience for my manufacturing class in a few semesters.

Does anyone have a picture, or some dimensions of a keg. I have found diameter and height, but I would like to know how high the handles sit above the base, the dimensions of the handles, etc.

If anyone has a part built for a keg, could I use it? otherwise, any and all detailed photos of your kegs would be appreciated (mine isn't in town at the moment, otherwise I would get out the old measuring tape and calipers and go to town myself.)

Thank you!

Back