Short Fermentation but readings say it's done

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonnyjim

Reaction score
I just finished an AG batch of my own pumpkin beer recipe 10 days ago. The original gravity read 1.050 right on the button and now is 1.010. It started off with a healthy fermentation but by the 4th day the fermentation looked like it had stopped and wasn't emitting any more gas. I've never had a batch ferment this quickly. I figured I'd let it sit anyways for flavour and with the reading today took a test and it smells great and tastes great even warm and non-carbonated. Is there anything that went wrong with this, does this occassionally happen with AG homebrews?

Nope, not a thing wrong at all! I see you said you are going to let it sit and that is a good idea. What tempature did you ferment at? I had a Pale Ale that reached FG in a little over 48hrs....I fermented it a tad high (Pitched at 75 but when it took off it went to about 78) It looked like it was being stirred!

I pitched at 68 and ferment at room temperature which is 72. Good to know nothing went wrong, I will let it sit another week and then go ahead and bottle.

Latest posts

Back