Bottling Set up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meteorbrews

Reaction score
After about 25 gallons brewed, I think I finally have a comfortable bottling set up. I have a fairly small kitchen, maybe 7'x15', but the set up works pretty well and very little beer is wasted.

First I siphon the brew into my DIY bottling bucket, complete with dip tube (a la Revvy), usually around 2oz eludes me. I prop it up using old univeristy text books (I knew they would come in handy on day).

Beer1.jpg

Then I set everything up on my counter top, I have the bottling tree to my left, may caps in a pitcher full of sanatizer to my right. Bottle rinser and a few extra bottles if I end up with more than I expect. A mug of homebrew to enjoy while bottling (mug is straight from Germany :rockin: ) Finally a glass underneath the bottling wand to catch any drops (which I drink once I'm done).

Beer2.jpg

Behind me to my right is my capping station, a pantry cart from Ikea. I like to use a wing capper so I can line them up and cap 5 or so, then line up some more and cap them. I use a file crate for storage, I can fit 29-30 bottles in each crate. Found them at Staples for $9 each.

Beer3.jpg

Before I store them, I will dry off the cap and place a colour coded sticker (circular avery stickers, found again at Staples) on the top of each so I don't suprise my self, or more importantly, SWMBO.

Beer4.jpg

:mug:

Brad

you may be comfortable with your bottling setup, but I'm definitely NOT comfortable with those green bottles!! LOL :D

Glad you found a set-up that works for you.

But I have to say that the green bottles make me shudder...

Hmm... I've never thought of attaching the bottling want directly to my bottling bucket spigot... How do you attach it to it? Do you just use a small piece of hose?
I generally keg, but mostly because bottling is the WORST! That configuration may help!

Hmm... I've never thought of attaching the bottling want directly to my bottling bucket spigot... How do you attach it to it? Do you just use a small piece of hose?
I generally keg, but mostly because bottling is the WORST! That configuration may help!

thats how I did mine

Glad you found a set-up that works for you.

But I have to say that the green bottles make me shudder...

So are the two of you the kind of people that keep your bottled homebrew near a light source or out on the counter all the time? I bottle in green grolsch and champagne bottles ALL the time. It makes no difference as long as the bottles are kept in a dark place. I keep all my brown bottles, and *gasp!* green bottles in their boxes in a closet waiting to get into the fridge.

Heh heh, I know, I know..... green bottles, but I take precautions, they get fully covered by towels and stored between solid objects on three sides. No light in the beer fridge either, so they should be pretty safe.

@Copperpots
yeah thats exactly what i did, just put a piece of hose on the spigot and attatch/remove the wand when needed.

So are the two of you the kind of people that keep your bottled homebrew near a light source or out on the counter all the time? I bottle in green grolsch and champagne bottles ALL the time. It makes no difference as long as the bottles are kept in a dark place. I keep all my brown bottles, and *gasp!* green bottles in their boxes in a closet waiting to get into the fridge.

More than any comment on the quality of his beers (or yours) it just makes me think of skunky danish beer.

Back