Thoughts on Semi DIY electric rig "build". High Gravity BYO SS electric + BCS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BllShter

Reaction score
My club, my buddy and myself... are planning and saving for upgrades to our brewery. Currently set up for extract and partial mash, looking to go all-grain electric. We are weighing a few options and looking for opinions on a hypothetical set-up. We are liking the efficiency and ease of use we are seeing in the thread for the Speidel Braumeister, and after doing some reading we think an interesting alternative set-up to that would be High Gravity's electric Stainless (or plastic for that matter) set up with an electric BK on the side, HLT and MLT to be controlled by a BCS 460 or 462. SS_Brewery.jpg We don't currently have any set-ups for temp controlled fermentation vessels but that is also on the "down the road" list and the BCS is attractive for that reason as well as the brew day controls.

I would like to know what some of the more seasoned folks think about this combination, suggestions, criticism, and general thoughts on how to mate these systems and how challenging it might be for a complete electrical illiterate to get the whole thing wired together with minimal professional assistance, i.e. inexpensively. Thanks in advance for taking the time :mug:

Back