Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be shocked if the Pats didn't avenge 2007 and go undefeated this year.

They made the SB last year so obviously they're awesome. They got a lot more awesomer over the off-season. They have a puff schedule... and everyone else sucks. How can they NOT do it?

If they can give up less than 45 a game, they'll go 19-0. That offense is gonna set some records.

as much as I don't like the Pats I have to agree that they will have a shot at undefeated. Their schedule is ranked as the easiest in the NFL and they have done well in the off season shoring up the defense. A lot of things are lining up for them this year to make a hell of a run.

If they can give up less than 45 a game, they'll go 19-0. That offense is gonna set some records.

They'll score points, but that offense is soft like a woman, even more so with Brandon Lloyd. The defense should be better, but they're pass defense was dog**** last year. The playoffs will have some teams that will bang um up.

1242395374_football_duck.gif

Fawk the 4 letter network! Erin Andrews isn't even working there anymore (hoping Jenn Brown takes over her spot though, but I digress).

The Packers will be back for more than just a short lived playoff run! Even though Jaws is a babbling idiot, he at least got his top 10,000 QB countdown right with Rodgers as # 1.

Hey Dataz.... ya think Ray Lewis still has it in him to win the "Most Tackles Made by Jumping on a Guy Almost 15 seconds After Two Other Teammates Already Tackled The Guy" award again this year?

That would make it... what? like seven years running? I'm not sure he's got that much gas left in the tank.

Hey Dataz.... ya think Ray Lewis still has it in him to win the "Most Tackles Made by Jumping on a Guy Almost 15 seconds After Two Other Teammates Already Tackled The Guy" award again this year?

That would make it... what? like seven years running? I'm not sure he's got that much gas left in the tank.

Sadly I can't argue any of that. The real question is, will ray have more of those than tommy boy will flops when no one is even near him?

See, unlike for some here it is possible to be realistic about your team.

Niners are gonna be Good again this year, even with Gore being over the hill and Alex Sh*t at QB. Also, I had a giant cheeseburger for lunch and need to go drop a giant greasey somey that I have been working up.

To pause a bit on the trash and be objective. Both NE & GB made some heavy draft moves on their D and can surmise their position if D in fact gets better. I also agree with SF at 3. My question, how does Philly rank so high and Giants so low? Not getting those two here from an odds standpoint. Why drink the cheese steak kool-aid again and diss NY?

odds.jpg

This logical post certainly to be launched into the abyss once Cape sees it. Odds snipped from today.

To pause a bit on the trash and be objective. Both NE & GB made some heavy draft moves on their D and can surmise their position if D in fact gets better. I also agree with SF at 3. My question, how does Philly rank so high and Giants so low? Not getting those two here from an odds standpoint. Why drink the cheese steak kool-aid again and diss NY?

View attachment 67951

This logical post certainly to be launched into the abyss once Cape sees it. Odds snipped from today.

The Giants I get, they are getting older around Eli, plus they were 9-7 and got hot. Add to that a dumb**** Kyle Williams and a ridiculous call on the fumble Bowman forced and there you have it. The eagles are ****. **** defense plus Mike Vick being old Mike Vick means mediocre at best. Pats and Pack should be favored, but they won't win. The Shea McClellin pick is the best pick between the 2, I am calling it now.

I would NOT want to be Goodell this year. All the brutal cheating the Saints did is still causing massive fallout and ya gotta figure he's nervous about market share being dropping in almost all major markets due to fans of any team other than the Pats just chalking the season up as a loss.

I think Drew Brees will sign a contract by Sunday (the deadline is Monday) and be the highest paid NFL player (until next year anyway).

C'mon pre-season!

I think one side will eventually cave. I like Brees, but that team has now squandered all good will and feel goodness from their SB win. Hope to see them get rocked this year.

knockout.gif

Pfft, Donte Whitner isn't going to hit like that this year, nor the rest of the team. SF shut down their bounty system as soon as the Saints were exposed.

Welcome back to mediocrity. In the meantime, here's a rainbow :fro:

Pfft, Donte Whitner isn't going to hit like that this year, nor the rest of the team. SF shut down their bounty system as soon as the Saints were exposed.

Welcome back to mediocrity. In the meantime, here's a rainbow :fro:

Yeah, the Niners needed a bounty system, lol. Patrick Willis and Goldson don't need bounties to want to knock folks out.

Back