Converting a keg to a Keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grubb

Reaction score
I have already cut the top off my 2 kegs. I am thinking of putting a ball valve, thermometer, and site gage on my HLT. I am also going to do the same 3 things plus a false bottom and a re-circulation valve on my mash tun. How much should i expect to spend, what parts will i need, and where should i order the parts from (already priced bargainfittings.com, midwest and austinhb). Thanks in advance for your help.

I'd get the sight glass from Bobby M on here. http://www.brewhardware.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=48&Itemid=75

I also recommend the false bottom from Jaybird. http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/

All stainless will be a little expensive, but well worth it. The fittings, disconnects, valve styles, etc. are pretty much wide open, so basically you could spend as much as you want. I bought all my fittings from bargainfittings and my disconnects from proflow dynamics.

could anyone direct me toward a previous thread on converting a keg to keggle.

could anyone direct me toward a previous thread on converting a keg to keggle.

If you scroll down, you can see similar threads.
(Not being a smarta$$. Just see that you have 20 or so posts, so you may not have realized it yet).

Having just converted a keg to a keggle, you will probably look to spend anywhere between $175 and $300 on all of your fittings if you look to go all stainless. You can cut corners and get some copper/brass stuff.

I did all stainless. Got most of my fittings on bargainfittings.com. Just ordered my siteglass/thermometer combo from Bobby_M.

If you scroll down, you can see similar threads.
(Not being a smarta$$. Just see that you have 20 or so posts, so you may not have realized it yet)..

Johnny, I have been trolling around this place for over a year and didn't know that one. Thanks :p

Back