Apfelwein yeasts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mista_Sparkle

Reaction score
Im about to bottle up a batch of apfelwein and I have another 5 gallons of apple juice ready to go for the next batch. I don't have any more dry Montrachet, but I do have the Montrachet yeast cake from the current batch. The apfelwein has been on it about 2 months at this point so I'm not sure if it would be good for another round. I do have a lot of WLP500, I also have some Nottingham and some Windsor.

So, do you think it would turn out well with any of these or do I really need to take a hike to the LHBS?

I'm thinking that the WLP500 fermented ≈70 would be pretty interesting, but I'm looking for second opinions

Thanks

I've only used Montrachet for the few batches I've made and aside from the rhino farts I've never had a bad batch...I say stick with what got you there..:rockin:

I've read in multiple places that nottingham works well. Some of the stickied threads in this forum go through a few yeasts.

Back