Who do you share with?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChshreCat

Reaction score
It came up in another thread that someone brings homebrew to their doctor. I gave some to my real estate agent.

So, other than the usual suspects of friends, family, neighbors and co-workers... who have you shared your homebrew with?

Friends, family, and coworkers. I just took 5 gallons to the park for a friend's birthday today. It goes over pretty well.

I've also gotten some to some of the better brewers in town.

mostly friends,a few family members. I have used it to barter with when our house A/C unit needed a charge.

I have heard that you can trade it for some ganja...but that must be a myth. :cross:

I'm a pilot and fly to Dubai every few months. The only beer to be had is Heineken or Corona (Guinness here or there) but all of them are only available at restaurants or duty free at the airport. So I drag a 6 pack or so and share it with the other 3 guys.

The liquor store down the street.They have beer tastings every Saturday and the owner asks me to bring in a bomber.I get 10% off when I do;)

Anyone I can. I am always trying to make room for a new batch. I'm really more addicted to the brewing than the beer. Kinda sad.

Anyone I can. I am always trying to make room for a new batch. I'm really more addicted to the brewing than the beer. Kinda sad.

Me too, that's why I'm at 3 gallon batches or I'd be swimming in it. I share with friends and family mostly, sometime co-workers.

Me too, that's why I'm at 3 gallon batches or I'd be swimming in it. I share with friends and family mostly, sometime co-workers.

I am swimming in it. I have really wanted to brew for the last two weeks - I have my next three batches planned out - but I already have 9 full kegs. I know, I know, 'poor baby' but the last two weekends have probably been the best brewing opportunities in months and I was sitting on my thumbs.

I resorted to making a cream soda yesterday just to do something and at least the wife will help me drink that.

Mostly brewing club members, although once in a while I'll give some to a neighbor. Got one who would love some, but he's the kind of person that NEVER returns favors or gives anyone anything. So, no.

Took a keg to the Septmebeerfest yesterday.

My local beer distributor, he can't get enough of the stuff..........

He can't believe how fresh, crisp and clean tasting Home brew is.... He wants me to call him next time I brew...

Not to mention he is hooking me up with 3 new kegs for my system ;) ..

Cheers,
Frank

I'm pretty stingy but I do share some with a couple guy at work that also brew. I did make a gluten free batch for a friend not long ago.

I bought a corny off craigslist, but didn't want to drive to the next town to pick it up. I threw in a bottle of apfelwein as a delivery fee and the seller brought it to my door. :D

I would have to say that the only people other than friends and family that I have really shared with was kind of a neat situation. Sirsloop (another HBT member) and myself recently mailed each other 3 bottles of our own DFH 120 clone. Considering she lives on the east coast and I live on the west coast (Oregon) it was quite an interesting process that was a first for me and involved no broken bottles! According to Sirsloop my packaging methods were pretty good, and I quote "damn dude... the UPS store double boxed your package that already could have been dropped outta an airplane and survived", and "You would probably need explosives to break one of those bottles in that box" Haha I thought it was funny and had to share.

Keep your eyes out for a DFH 120 comparo of Hers, Mine and the real deal. She is doing a blind taste test at her local home brew club (I dont belong to a brew club so im just going to sit back and enjoy hers :) and they are pretty good if I do say so myself).

It came up in another thread that someone brings homebrew to their doctor. I gave some to my real estate agent.

So, other than the usual suspects of friends, family, neighbors and co-workers... who have you shared your homebrew with?

If ya need another place to send brews I am just over the mountians ! ;)

But I like to share my brews with BMC drinkers, or people that think dark beers are heavy

mostly the usual, firends and family. did give a guy a mixed sixer for delivering a fridge i'd just purchased from him. Am probably gonna do a Christmas Spiced beer as gifts to our beer drinking friends this year.

My girlfriend and family. Occasionally I will give people a couple beers. I always let everyone try it though.

Roommates, friends. I gave the cable guy a bomber of Apfelwein about 2 months ago. And then he proceeded to tell me the craziest things he has ever seen on the job.

Roommates, friends. I gave the cable guy a bomber of Apfelwein about 2 months ago. And then he proceeded to tell me the craziest things he has ever seen on the job.

Oh C'mon now, that needs some further explanation!

I have shared mine with my boss and some co-workers. Other than that, moslty friends, family, and a local beer exchange night at the LHBS.

Which include?

Mine is family, girlfriend, roommates, friends that come over, etc.

I gave away a chocolate stout as an xmas present to my whole family last Christmas, they were pretty stoked.

That reminds me, we gave our cable man a bottle of our cider, when he came back to install another cable line for my parents he hooked them up with the new version of DVR, free of cost in all the rooms they have TVs, and of course he received more cider and some beer for that.... ohhhh yea!!!

Oh, last year I purchased some kegs off of kijiji while I was up in Montreal for school. I didn't have a car so the guy delivered and I gave him two bottles of chocolate stout. A few months earlier I did the same for a guy who sold me two carboys for 10 bucks each. Its an awesome bartering tool

I share with the Youth Pastors at our church as well as the other Youth Leaders and some various members. Beer and empty bottle swaps are becoming commonplace in our church parking lot.

I also share with my other friends too.

I keg, so I don't give out many bottled beers. However, my friends help me out a lot with the kegs. We have 2 big parties that we'll go through 4 kegs at each. Then various evenings with friends over. Pretty much, show up at my place and you're welcome to some beer.

I really wouldn't call it sharing. I come home and find my Dad has come over and "borrowed" my stock. I say borrow because he always brings back the empties.

Latest posts

Back