Have a problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishnutz

Reaction score
Brewed my first batch of Brown Ale. Everything turned out perfect, waited one week after bottling and put one in the fridge for sampling.

Tasted killer!!! Problem? I can't stop 'sampling'....I'm on a rate of one per night. How long should I errr...restrain from consuming my brew??? Should I wait for the 4 weeks or continue at my current rate of sampling?

-Hooked in VA

You need to find an alternative beer and lock this stuff up (or send it my way for safe-keeping). Age does amazing things to beers, even lower gravity session beers can benefit from a couple months of aging.

If for some reason you can't control yourself, put aside a 6 pack for a later date. You'll be glad you did.

go buy some good micros to hold you over - since its your first brew, you'd do well to really experience the aging process.
Better yet, buy some brown ales that you'd like to compare yours to.
NOT speaking from experience. my first batch went away quickly:) I still have a hard time waiting. It helps to have multiple brews going at once.

Tasted killer!!! Problem? I can't stop 'sampling'....I'm on a rate of one per night. How long should I errr...restrain from consuming my brew??? Should I wait for the 4 weeks or continue at my current rate of sampling?
I won't suggest an answer as I'm drinking beer only bottled for one week as I type (okay, in between typing) yet I know it'll get better with more time. The trick, I think (not from experience yet) is to have plenty around. So your next batch should already be in the secondary and the following in the primary and the next couple on order. :)

Rick (next two batch ingredients en route now)

Appreciate the feedback! I will wait, but still sample one bottle each Monday up until the 4 week mark.

Currently have 5g of EdWort's Apfelwein bubbling away...will start my second batch of beer this weekend. Any good recipes/advice for a Raspberry Wheat?

Grazie.

Bearcat Brewmeister said:
You and I are quite like-minded on several topics. We have got to have another planned Cincy brew day that you can make it to.

absolutely! My schedule is usually pretty bare, but of course this month is a different story.:mad:

Hurry up and brew something else! The more beers you have available, the less likely you'll be digging into the last batch. That said, I drank my entire first batch before my second batch was ready, and so on... I'm finally at the point where I have a 4 month old Porter available while my IPA is finishing up in the bottles. Haven't cracked one open yet! I'm going to brew again this weekend and hopefully will never get to the point where I'm drinking my green beer again. As always, the solution is more beer! :mug:

Back