Have to Weld?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06vmi06

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so i am wondering! Do i have to use a weld or can i braze my brew stand together?

Reason i am asking i have a bunch of brazing sticks at home and oxy acetylene torch and i know how to braze so there would be no equipment cost to me here but will it be strong enough for a single tier brew stand with keggals on it and maybe a tippy dump type of setup?

Thanks for any and all help i REALLY wana get my stand going ASAP and this would be awesome if i could do it all myself

Cheers

I wouldn't. I don't think braze joints have that much structural integrity. Great for patching holes and fittings, but I wouldn't use it for a butt or miter joint on steel.

You can braze it - but I would add something for some extra structure. You're going to be putting 15 * 8lb = 120lb (plus weight of kettle) on there so you want a lot of structure. Brazing is not bad, but I would want some extra structure.

Back