Beersmith - Multiple Threat Detection - AVG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwwbrennan

Reaction score
For the last few days the Beersmith websites have been blocked by AVG Internet Security on my system with the AVG Alert message "Multiple Threat Detection". For the Beersmith program AVG LinkScanner blocks the site and puts up the message "Threat was blocked!"

AVG normally doesn't block sites in error so I am wondering if there is a problem. Anyone else having Beersmith site problems?

Having the same problem here. The recipe site is working, but when I tried the "Contact Us" button it takes me to a contact page on his main site and AVG did not like that.

:confused:

Brad (Dr Smith) has scanned everything on his end. AVG is apparently giving a false positive. Changed AV programs and all is well.

:D

Cheers Ladies and Gents, Robust Porter to brew tomorrow!

There was a very recent upgrade to Internet Security 2012 and it has all the appearances of a false positive so I reported it to AVG.

I'm getting a no data received from Chrome when trying to load your site. Also, the AVG threat block alert as well. Can you tell us how to report a false positive? It's not readily apparent.

AVG fixed the problem. An update may need to be forced (right click AVG icon, select 'update now') to implement the change.

Latest posts

Back