iPhone label making app

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmbo80

Reaction score
I am considering developing an iPhone app that allows users to create template-based custom beer labels that are professionally printed and then delivered. I haven't done anything just yet, I am more or less looking to see if there is any interest out there. Good idea or nip this one in the bud?

Should I understand everyone's silence as a lack of enthusiasm for the idea? Just out of curiosity, what, if anything, do people do for labels?

tmbo80 said:
Should I understand everyone's silence as a lack of enthusiasm for the idea? Just out of curiosity, what, if anything, do people do for labels?

Only saw this now, good idea for both iPhone and iPad. I would use it during the day in my phone an then later finish it on my iPad in front if TV with cold beer in hand. That is if it can be linked

Iv been wanting a label app, but nothing's around, so I say go for it, I'd download it.

Oh cool, so it's not a terrible idea.

Just a few more questions:
1) What would you look for in the designs? Emulate popular brands or totally different stuff?
2) Just off the top of your head, what features would you look for in an app?
3) And most importantly, how much would you be willing to pay per label?

Cheers guys!

tmbo80 said:
Oh cool, so it's not a terrible idea.

Just a few more questions:
1) What would you look for in the designs? Emulate popular brands or totally different stuff?
2) Just off the top of your head, what features would you look for in an app?
3) And most importantly, how much would you be willing to pay per label?

Cheers guys!

1) the option to do both
2) text editing & photo upload
3) depends in quality of features

Graphic design and production on my phone is an unlikely situation. I'm usually going to turn to a computer for that.

I'd probably play with it but the chances of actually ordering labels would be slim for me.

Back