CT Group Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best I can tell, from May 28 to now, there is interest in at least 29 bags which I think is enough to get the ball rolling. I do consulting for a a guy who has a loading dock/warehouse in Windsor, CT - right off Rt 91 - and he would be able to receive the order. With the $80/pallet rate + fuel surcharges, freight would work out to at least $3-4/bag but the more bags we order (up to 42 bags) the better.

Here's where I got the count, if you said 3 to 4 bags, I used the lower number and if you did not specify a number but expressed interest I said 1 bag:

1 bag for erickhild59
1 bag for NuclearRich
2 bags for tomCT
2 bags for flexbrew
1 bag for orangehero
2 bags for dmsullivan
1 bag for schrod
4 bags for blueturtle00
4 bags for kaz4121
4 bags for wesolomon
3 bags for thunder001
4 bags for wrightbrew (<< that's me)

If you are all still interested maybe we can start getting specific about who wants what. I created a Google Form here for collecting the required info:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFVuVk55c0otV1J2UDZ4Nmp5aUtXZ2c6MQ

Let's get this thing going.

I am intrested in at least 6 bags maybe 8 if I can still get in on this buy.

Mike

wrightbrew said:
Best I can tell, from May 28 to now, there is interest in at least 29 bags which I think is enough to get the ball rolling. I do consulting for a a guy who has a loading dock/warehouse in Windsor, CT - right off Rt 91 - and he would be able to receive the order. With the $80/pallet rate + fuel surcharges, freight would work out to at least $3-4/bag but the more bags we order (up to 42 bags) the better.

Here's where I got the count, if you said 3 to 4 bags, I used the lower number and if you did not specify a number but expressed interest I said 1 bag:

1 bag for erickhild59
1 bag for NuclearRich
2 bags for tomCT
2 bags for flexbrew
1 bag for orangehero
2 bags for dmsullivan
1 bag for schrod
4 bags for blueturtle00
4 bags for kaz4121
4 bags for wesolomon
3 bags for thunder001
4 bags for wrightbrew (<< that's me)

If you are all still interested maybe we can start getting specific about who wants what. I created a Google Form here for collecting the required info:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFVuVk55c0otV1J2UDZ4Nmp5aUtXZ2c6MQ

Let's get this thing going.

I am a member of the club that did the first buy and I am willing to help coordinate this buy. Freight is 80 and fuel surcharge will be about 20. Loading dock avoids the 75 lift fee. We really should fill a pallet. So the goal is 42 bags first come first serve. Also, paypal upfront is required.

The issues that come up are everyone wants bulk grain but come payment time things fade. Also, if we settle on a day to pick up grain everyone needs to make it there or coordinate with someone who can.

For example, I live on the shoreline east of new haven and I am happy to use my truck and grab grain for anyone local to me.

I am in for at least 4 bags.

I would actually want at least two bags, but don't want to pork anyone off the list.

Guys follow the link that wrightbrew setup and put what you want on the spreadsheet. When we get to 42 sacks we will collect payments, if people fall through then the thread can serve as a wait list. The spreadsheet is a must since its very clear and it will make payments. Wrightbrew listed minimums and got to 29, we need 42 so there is room for more bags if you want to order more.

I can also serve as a pick up point in the SE of CT. I have a truck and storage space. So if anyone needs help with pick up I am glad to help.

Going to go add in my 2-3 bags right now. Thanks for setting this up!

-Josh

If there are any sack slots left, I could be interested. BUT, I might be moving to Maine shortly, so getting to CT would be rather difficult.

IF I don't relocate to Maine, I'd only be able to pickup on the weekend. Unless someone from the Metro-West area in MA, could get the sacks... Since I picked up several sacks of grain for other people last time, I'd rather not do that this time. Besides, I wouldn't be able to do that until I get the tailgate replaced on the truck. Which probably won't happen for at least a few more months (planned to happen before winter hits).

If there are any sack slots left, I could be interested. BUT, I might be moving to Maine shortly, so getting to CT would be rather difficult.

IF I don't relocate to Maine, I'd only be able to pickup on the weekend. Unless someone from the Metro-West area in MA, could get the sacks... Since I picked up several sacks of grain for other people last time, I'd rather not do that this time. Besides, I wouldn't be able to do that until I get the tailgate replaced on the truck. Which probably won't happen for at least a few more months (planned to happen before winter hits).

Its first come first serve. Follow the link that Wrightbrew setup in this thread if your interested. I am sure pick up on the weekend will be no problem. I am happy to help you with pick up if you need.

Thanks for putting this together guys.

I put in an order for 6 bags. I don't know if other items are game or not, but I also entered for a 50 lb sack of dextrose as well. If that is not doable then just nix it.

Thanks again! This is great

I filled in the form for 2 sacks if there is still room on the pallet, in addition to the split Rye. I'd also like to get 1 lb of Striesselspalt pellets.

NE Diver - I would appreciate the relay to your place. I can pick up from you as our schedules work out.

Drez77- I will put in the order for the Rauch. How do we split? Can you do it if NE Diver relays my grain?

Thanks!!

wesolomon said:
NE Diver - I would appreciate the relay to your place. I can pick up from you as our schedules work out.

Drez77- I will put in the order for the Rauch. How do we split? Can you do it if NE Diver relays my grain?

Thanks!!

No worries

Thanks!!

I will bring a scale and a second bag when I pick mine up. Just split it right there. We will find a way!

Wow! That was almost too easy. We are up to 42 sacks. Everyone who filled out the form up to this point (7/26, 10:38am EST) is all set. Andrew (aka nediver) graciously offered to assist so I will be working with him and Country Malt Group to firm up pricing, applicable discounts, fees etc. Then we will be in touch regarding payment & pickup arrangements.

If there is still interest, please enter your information, quantity and item number into the form here and we can use that as a waitlist in case anyone backs out.

At this time the order is full. If your still interested you can post here and if we receive any non payments a public post here will serve as a wait list. For those of you who ordered. Thanks we will be sending invoices soon for paypal. Pick up details will follow, but if we receive payment soon the shipping is super fast. Probably by next week, but it depends on speedy payments.

Again if you need your grain ferried please make those arrangements on your own. We will send an email to those on the list shortly. Thanks again

So I guess expanding this to a second pallet isn't an option? I just found out about this but could probably commit to about 10 sacks of grain.

Quick question did i miss out or is the space for the 4 bags i wanted saved? If my spot is still there i will get my order in tonight.

Nediver - can you post the final list so we can QA and make sure that there are no dupes? It looks like we went quickly from 29 bags to full but not all input has been provided.

Thanks. Bill

What does ferried mean? Cant we just come down and pick it up? Doe we have to pickup that day? I have a very busy schedule and cannot pickup during the weekday usually.

wesolomon said:
Nediver - can you post the final list so we can QA and make sure that there are no dupes? It looks like we went quickly from 29 bags to full but not all input has been provided.

Thanks. Bill

As soon as it is compiled. Wrightbrew took that part of things with the google form that was filled out. We are working together on this to make things easier. We also have everyone's emails as well.

flexbrew said:
What does ferried mean? Cant we just come down and pick it up? Doe we have to pickup that day? I have a very busy schedule and cannot pickup during the weekday usually.

Yes. Delivery will happen during week, but our pick up will happen during weekend. Some people love far away and have busy schedules. Myself included so I offered to pick up some grain for people along with my own and they and I can meet separate. Since my residence is closer than the pick up location for some people. Does that answer your question?

wesolomon said:
Nediver - thanks. Don't mean to step on toes - just helpin' the process.

No problem at all. I can provide a little clarity later tonight, which is needed. I am traveling for business and will sort out things when I land.

As has been said, this thing filled up fast, basically last night. There are questions to be answered and I should be able to get to many of them tonight.

nediver said:
Yes. Delivery will happen during week, but our pick up will happen during weekend. Some people love far away and have busy schedules. Myself included so I offered to pick up some grain for people along with my own and they and I can meet separate. Since my residence is closer than the pick up location for some people. Does that answer your question?

Yes, thanks, Saturday pickup works for me and the 6th is perfect. I will be away the entire week following, hope to get this order in.

So I guess expanding this to a second pallet isn't an option? I just found out about this but could probably commit to about 10 sacks of grain.

Wow that filled up quick. Out of curiosity, would a 2nd pallet be possible? I would be willing to commit to some additional sacks as well if it would help out. Or maybe coordinating a pallet order every now and again (couple months( might be a possibility?

Wow that filled up quick. Out of curiosity, would a 2nd pallet be possible? I would be willing to commit to some additional sacks as well if it would help out. Or maybe coordinating a pallet order every now and again (couple months( might be a possibility?

I am going to look into this in the AM. We might have the chance to get a pallet and a half and access the 3000 Lb pricing and then everyone benefits. If I can I will try and make this happen.

I am going to look into this in the AM. We might have the chance to get a pallet and a half and access the 3000 Lb pricing and then everyone benefits. If I can I will try and make this happen.

nediver - I'll try to watch this thread but I don't frequent HBT much. it seems like your inbox is full but I'd like to give you my e-mail address to make sure I don't miss this. any way to do this?

zymological said:
nediver - I'll try to watch this thread but I don't frequent HBT much. it seems like your inbox is full but I'd like to give you my e-mail address to make sure I don't miss this. any way to do this?

I cleared it

woo woo! :ban:

I would split another bag if that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back