Kenmore 7.2 cu ft chest freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuzzCraft

Reaction score
Anyone using one as a keezer? It's on my short list, but unfortunately the local Sears doesn't have one on the floor that I can evaluate.

I'd like to put 4 cornelius (ball lock) kegs on the floor (not the hump), but am beginning to suspect from measuring their other freezers and looking at people's set ups on this forum that I will only be able to get 3 in there. Any confirmation would be great.

Thanks.

3 will be a tight fit. I have a 7.4 cu Kenmore chest freezer. you'll be able to put 3 cornies and a 5lb CO2 cylinder on the floor, at least a half case of bottles on the hump, plus a tub of Damp Rid.

I put hops and yeast in the basket, over the hump.

I can fit 4 in my magic chef 7.2, and I only have a 3" collar on it. When I change it up to the 8" collar I can fit 6. all in about the same footprint as the Kenmore.

Just a thought for you.

B

I can fit 4 in my magic chef 7.2, and I only have a 3" collar on it. When I change it up to the 8" collar I can fit 6. all in about the same footprint as the Kenmore.

Just a thought for you.

B

Thanks for the replies...the 7.2 magic chef is likely what i'll be going with and I've been scoping this one at my local home depot. I tend to default to Kenmore appliances, so was hoping their 7.2 would work, but it doesn't sound like it.
Thanks again.

Back