Logo on glass boot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfocus

Reaction score
So I just ordered a couple glass boots on ebay and was wondering how I could put some logos onto them.

I know that using silk screen is the typical technique that works very well, but I need something that won't be cost prohibitive for small quantities (I want a different logo on each boot).

I was thinking of maybe getting some stickers made, which could be stuck onto the glasses. I would most likely get a couple more of each made which I could put on such things as my Kegerator.

I wondering if anyone here had any other suggestions?

PS One of the logos is my avatar, the other is Paulaner's logo.

Check with some trophy shops about laser etching, not sure if it is glass safe or not, but I have seen them do it on metal, plastics and wood. Not too expensive, try a cheap glass first.
I had a gun stock done once, can't remember the cost, but quite reasonable.

That is one option I was considering as well. There is a place nearby that does it on glass. Not sure how thick it has to be though.

The biggest problem is that I would really like to have color.

The etching idea is a great one.

You could try printing on waterslide paper (basically making your own decals) and applying that to the boot, but I don't know how durable it'd be.

+1 one the etching. I have not done pint glasses but have used armour etch on carboys just as in the "marking your carboy" thread on here somewhere.

I have wanted to do some pint glasses with a logo but I am not too artsy fartsy and can't get my logo in stencil form lol.

I know the etching itself would work great if I could get my damn logo in the proper form.

Just a little update, for those that might be interested. I got some vinyl labels made at a place just by where I live. He did heat transfer onto the vinyl, thus the resolution is amazing (not noticeable dots). I had to choose the colors using this technique (since it is all solid colors, it looks great). It is hard to stick them on, since the plastic doesn't really have any strength it just wants to cling right away. I had some extras printed out, so I was able to retry.

The Bayern Munchen one looks amazing, only has 2 tiny rumples on the left upper side.

I had a little more trouble with the Paulaner one. May still try to redo it tomorrow, since it has a few big cracks.

Together:

Pack ma's!

Back