iPhone MMS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan_PA

Reaction score
Ahhh... It is nice to be back in 2002. I can finally send pictures and video via MMS again.

For those iPhone users not in the know, hook up to iTunes, hit the update iPhone button, undock, and reboot. The update takes like 3 seconds, not like the 3.1 massive update.

Do you have to update to 3.1 in order to use it? Because I tell you right now sending pictures is not worth downloading that piece of ****. I still don't know what the big deal is with MMS, you have push email on your phone which is a thousand times better and doesn't require additional charges to your plan.

Do you have to update to 3.1 in order to use it? Because I tell you right now sending pictures is not worth downloading that piece of ****. I still don't know what the big deal is with MMS, you have push email on your phone which is a thousand times better and doesn't require additional charges to your plan.

It makes it a pain in the ass for people that want to send you something though.

It makes it a pain in the ass for people that want to send you something though.
That is it exactly.

The wife had been sending me pics of the kiddo for weeks, I never knew about. At least now I can receive these.

I agree, for practical purposes I will sill use email, but for people I know without data plans and whatnot, MMS is nice.

Looks like you do have to update to 3.1 :(

Even though I think SMS and MMS are kinda stupid this is one of those "about damn time" things. Between this and Gmail push my phone finally has all the features that every other smart phone has since 2002, good week to have an iPhone I guess. Now I would like to open a *****-fest about how we should have flash in safari...

It was pretty good to get this update. I actually had it working last night with an MMS workaround, but I restored my Iphone this morning so I could get the Apple-ATT approved update.

MMS should have been on the iphone a while ago, but for as advanced as the Iphone is, I can't really knock Apple or ATT. I mean, I can open up pic2shop, point it at a barcode of a product and it will tell me where to buy it online and the cheapest prices.

Back