You know "keggle" is a girly made up word right?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
Hope this isn't one of you guy ragging on me...

im1dermike
"Keggle"!?!?!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fstbttms
My thougts exactly.

BobbyFromNJ
What am I missing?

fstbttms
"keggle" is an exercise performed by women to strengthen their hey-nan-nu-nan-nu (and as such, fully excouraged my me!) but in the the context of homebrewing is rather disgusting, IMHO. Many of us prefer to use the term "converted keg".

BobbyFromNJ
Wrong. A "keggle" is a slang word within the brewing community and is combination of the words "keg" and "kettle" and is therefore pronounced [KEG-L].

A KEGEL pronounced [key-guhl, is an exercise performed by women to strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor.

I THOUGHT that might have been the issue but couldn't imagine more than one person would make the mistake in thinking the words were the same.

fstbttms
Oh, I think we all know the words aren't exactly the same, but close enough to be disturbing. And no offense, but I personally don't use cutsey, made-up words to describe my brew gear. What are we, 10-year-old girls? "Oh, how cute, it's a keggle!" Puh-leeze! ;-)

BobbyFromNJ
Why don't you make a video outlining your brewing process so you can show me all the correct words to use. In fact, I should probably take this video down. I don't want anyone thinking I'm a girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used that joke before, but this wasn't me!

In any case, I've found the comments on YouTube to range from pathetic to (and I don't use this word lightly) completely retarded. It's horrible, they should just turn them off.

And no offense, but I personally don't use cutsey, made-up words to describe my brew gear. What are we, 10-year-old girls? "Oh, how cute, it's a keggle!" Puh-leeze! ;-)

Right...it's so much better to just say, "Brew Kettle made from a recycled keg with the top cut off". I mean, why sacrifice how "cool" and "manly" you sound for brevity's sake?

Ladies and gentlemen, we all knew this was coming...

https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/data/1/4914-*****ie.jpg

There was a guy in the early days of the Brewing Network that called himself BeerPal. He went around to all the forum and tried to drum up interest in TBN.

Bobby_M said:
Funny idea but also reeks of censorship.

It works in much the same way that the popular SpamAssassin spam filter works. It's not a service where someone says "Okay, this person is stupid" or "This person is smart" and allows them to post.

It does, however, mark statistical trends. For instance:

omg lol cus u r teh stoopid

Would rank up there for lack of capitalization, excessive shortening of simple yet important words and lack of punctuation.

It's Free Software so it is customizable and it's voluntary. It is censorship in the strictest sense of the word but no more unethical than running spam filters. From the FAQ:

The StupidFilter does not understand, in a meaningful sense, the text that it parses, and our graders select comments that are formally stupid -- that is, their diction, not their content, marks them as stupid. It is not our intent to eliminate debate or disagreement, but rather to programmatically enforce a certain quality of expression. Put another way: The StupidFilter will cheerfully approve an eloquent, properly-capitalized defense of mandatory, state-subsidized rocket-launcher ownership for all schoolchildren.

lol, that's funny. my friend got surprised when i was talking about building a keggle just yesterday. he said "my girl had to exercise that when she was pregnant" :D

Evan! said:
Right...it's so much better to just say, "Brew Kettle made from a recycled keg with the top cut off". I mean, why sacrifice how "cool" and "manly" you sound for brevity's sake?

Ladies and gentlemen, we all knew this was coming...

https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/data/1/4914-*****ie.jpg

lmfao. :rockin: :rockin:

DeathBrewer said:
lol, that's funny. my friend got surprised when i was talking about building a keggle just yesterday. he said "my girl had to exercise that when she was pregnant" :D

BTW guys, Kegel exercises are not just for girls.
Just ask any old, or not so old, gentleman who had trouble with a certain male gland (and opted for surgery).

Yeah, Google gets confused and will try to correct you on that.

So, if not 'keggle,' then what? I think it is an excellent word that should and will be added to the dictionary very soon.

Oh...and maybe this should be in the mod edit.....but..young guys can use kegel exercises to delay orgasms......so...uh....there ya go! :)

FWIW, if people can't put constructive or at least polite criticism into the comments section, they should be kicked into a vat of acid.

Realistically speaking, Keggle and Kegel should be pronounced the same. I don't see any difference besides a very subtle lengthening of the short i between the sound in el vs. le, with el being a slightly longer sound than le.

That said, I will never call a keggle by that name, nor a keezer by that name. Keezer is a whole other story too. Then again, if you actually use your keezer to freeze your kegs, by all means call it a keezer.

There was a guy in the early days of the Brewing Network that called himself BeerPal. He went around to all the forum and tried to drum up interest in TBN.

Weird, I'm listening to an old episode of the session and after 5 minutes of reading this BeerPal was on the air.

:off:

AYE!

Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle, Keggle.

I must be a 13 year old girl. Shhhhh don't tell my wife.

Back