Any problem with the length of this run

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HossTheGreat

Reaction score
I just installed a 240v 30A dryer outlet in my garage. It's 25' from my main panel. From there I'm using a 17' inline gfci cord to my control panel. From the control panel, I plan on a 10' cable to my kettle that will be feeding the 5500w element. In total, the run is a little over 50'. Everything will be 10 gauge wire. Will there be any issues with the length of this run?

you should be fine.

One of the electricians on this board that I talked to when building my system said you really don't need to be worried about the length until you get well over 100'.

We do 50' maximum runs on our equipment at work and that's low voltage stuff. I don't think you'll have any issues with that with the high voltage/amperes you're working with.

As an electrician I'll second that problems only usually arise after 100ft or so. Even then it's not pronounced. 50ft will be fine.

Latest posts

Back