MUST WATCH for brewers in UK

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterfuse

Reaction score
Oz and James Drink to Britain was played on Tuesday night and is Top Gear's James May and another fella touring around britain and learning all about british beer and how it's made. It's funny and very interesting and you can watch it on BBC Iplayer until some time in March 09:

BBC iPlayer - Oz and James Drink to Britain: Episode 1

Unfortunately only people connected to internet in the UK can watch content on BBC's Iplayer.

that baffles me - but I suppose it comes down to the licensing or something. given top gear's profile over in the US it *might* make it onto BBC America.

in the meantime - there are ways and means to download TV from the UK but of course I couldn't condone any of that.

Yes on the tv license but that pays for RTE1&2 TV3 & TG4

not any of the BBC's but we can pick them up on satellite free to air...

Could one use a UK based proxy to view this fine program? I'm at work now so I won't know until I get home to try it.

One could check out a certain site that rhymes with vinnynova to see if it's on there.
(PM me if you don't know what I mean)
I'll be checking that out once I get home later today.

Shooter: How have you been watching Top Gear that you can't watch this show? ;)

BBC America my friend, which gives us the British shows that they think we'll like. Actually, I do like a lot of the stuff on there!!! I love that show where those people eat WAY too much food and that lady comes and yells at them for eating such crap. Every time I feel guilty about those three extra slices of pizza, I just think of the piles of food on THEIR tables!!!

Could one use a UK based proxy to view this fine program? I'm at work now so I won't know until I get home to try it.

I'd be interested to see if this works for you. I tried to test this myself earlier with a video site hulu.com, only available in the US but it was taking forever to load so i gave up.

Unless you have a really fast proxy dedicated to you, then the connection will be way too slow to play the video reliably. Your best bet is the method mentioned by shaundesjardins.

One could check out a certain site that rhymes with vinnynova to see if it's on there.
(PM me if you don't know what I mean)
I'll be checking that out once I get home later today.

It's on there. I'm downloading it now :mug:

i watched it this morning. i'm sure fans of top gear will love it. i'm not myself and i didn't enjoy it that much and deffo didn't learn anything. fair play to them on one point - when they are trying beers they are getting the pints down for real, which is nice.

i'll definitely give it another try next week, though.

I thought the program was pretty good. I didn't really like the bickering they were doing (that's a top gear sort of thing). But in terms of an introduction to beer, I thought it was a good start and it looks like they will be going more in depth in future episodes.

This is not cool, I've seen almost every episode of Top Gear (thanks to torrents...) here in America, I would love to see this. Can't seem to find it anywhere though...

Back