Good Ol' Fashioned West Virginia ******-Off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan!

Reaction score
It's gonna be a SHOWDOWN!

Dang, I loves me an ole-timey ******-off...
not-tagged-smiley-10308.gif

(the whole vid is pretty funny, but the ******-off starts around 6:20)

The long, flat seemingly endless bataan death march to the white house! Sweet. Sure looks that way out here, with our end of May primary.

Good gawd. White, lower income, religious, rural people for Clinton! We got a couple of them as well...but those quotes were rugged.

I have a theory: Having both Hillary and Obama in the presidential race right up until the democratic national convention is part of their strategy.

The strategy is to keep the media focus on issues that the democrats want to talk about and none of the things that McCain wants to talk about. This way everyone keeps talking to Obama and Hillary about democratic party talking points and the republicans can't get their message out as effectively.

/removes tinfoil hat

Kornkob - I guess you're assuming that someone in American politics has a strategy?

I have a theory: Having both Hillary and Obama in the presidential race right up until the democratic national convention is part of their strategy.

The strategy is to keep the media focus on issues that the democrats want to talk about and none of the things that McCain wants to talk about. This way everyone keeps talking to Obama and Hillary about democratic party talking points and the republicans can't get their message out as effectively.

More time in the spotlight also means more skeletons coming out of the closet, more muck-raking, and more chances for saying something stupid that the media will exploit and twist. I guess it's kinda double-edged in that sense.

Stereotyping a whole state...nice.

:rolleyes: Go back. Read it again. I wasn't stereotyping anyone. I was referring directly to those people who base their votes on their racist views.

edit: oh noes! the cookie monster stoled my posts! ;)

My opinion...McCain is one lucky bastad. Usually you have to employ the "divide and conquer" strategy to get your enemies to fight one another. In this case, Obama and Hitlery are fighting all on their own. Meanwhile, McCain sits back and engineers 15 different strategies to destroy each canidate. THe democratic canidates are so busy fighting amongst themselves, they have no time to focus on the bigger obstacle between them and the white house.

:rolleyes: Go back. Read it again. I wasn't stereotyping anyone. I was referring directly to those people who base their votes on their racist views.

edit: oh noes! the cookie monster stoled my posts! ;)

:rolleyes: It appears the cookie monster did get your post.

Ignorance and racism certainly aren't limited to the State of WV. Depending on which source you look at, for 80-90 percent of the voters here, race played no role whatsoever. It's not perfect, I'll agree. I can't find any statistics for other states primaries (seems we're the only state branded racist by the media), but I can't imagine that it is much different nationwide.

It makes for entertaining television, but the Daily Show didn't show the people that were interviewed before the village idiot sat down.

Voting on an election strictly to race and religion guidelines is absurd. I would have no problem voting for a black man or a woman, just not these two. I would vote for JC Watts or Clerance Thomas if they ever ran for president and right now there isn't a woman In politics that Im too fond of. Racists are a$$ bags

On a lighter note: The ****** Off was friggin hilarious.

:rolleyes: It appears the cookie monster did get your post.

Ignorance and racism certainly aren't limited to the State of WV. Depending on which source you look at, for 80-90 percent of the voters here, race played no role whatsoever. It's not perfect, I'll agree. I can't find any statistics for other states primaries (seems we're the only state branded racist by the media), but I can't imagine that it is much different nationwide.

It makes for entertaining television, but the Daily Show didn't show the people that were interviewed before the village idiot sat down.

So which sources are you looking at? Do they distribute a racism survey in WV? I think there's probably racist losers in every state. How has WV been 'branded' racist by the media? I think some states in the deep South might argue that they get a worse rap than WV. You're taking this a little too personally. The Daily Show makes fun of EVERYONE, it's just your turn. Wait a week and it will be another state.

One thing amaze me. I live in a very suburban town, In western new york. Its very culturally diverse due to the number of colleges in the area, and yet I still know a bunch of people that wont vote Obama because hes black. Im sorry, Obama is just about as black as I am. Another thing. I was all for Obama untill all that stuff about that crazy Reverend of his came forward. Regilion scares the hell out of me, and has no place in an election.

Please don't be pics of actual fights with *****es.... please don't be pics of actual fights with *****es...

Whew! :D

So which sources are you looking at? Do they distribute a racism survey in WV? I think there's probably racist losers in every state. How has WV been 'branded' racist by the media? I think some states in the deep South might argue that they get a worse rap than WV. You're taking this a little too personally. The Daily Show makes fun of EVERYONE, it's just your turn. Wait a week and it will be another state.

QFT^

Arneba28 said:
Another thing. I was all for Obama untill all that stuff about that crazy Reverend of his came forward. Regilion scares the hell out of me, and has no place in an election.

:off: Ah, yes, nothing quite like shifting your voting preferences because of some horsehockey meaningless guilt-by-association show that was played up by the media and especially by Hillary's camp. I honestly can't believe how many otherwise levelheaded people actually fell for Hillary's trap on that one. Yes, the mf'er is misguided on a few things (yeah, the US Government gave black people AIDS on purpose...uh huh), but what's really interesting is that this guy has been preaching for several decades, for several hours, every Sunday. He's probably logged thousands of hours of speeches. But it's that one soundbyte that people see on Headline News and suddenly Obama's the same guy and he hates America. Really? Really? I'm no Democrat, and I have no allegiance to Obama, but to be frank: that's a load of sh*t. Our country is in big, big trouble...in many ways. We've got sh*tloads of real problems. Not that Obama is gonna necessarily fix them (nor should he), but focusing on this meaningless issue and letting it govern who you vote for is, well, irresponsible, to put it lightly.

And if you don't want religion in politics (I certainly don't), good luck. You think Hillary or McCain are atheists?

This isn't about religion in politics---because it wasn't Obama that brought it up. It's about guilt-by-association political smearing, and it's enough to make a cynic out of anyone---especially when you hear people say that the smear actually worked on them.

You know, if you want to see an episode that really does speak to someone's fitness for office, check out Hillary's flat-out lie about being under sniper fire and dodging RPG's. We've had enough deception for a lifetime over the past 8 years---the last thing we need is more.

But I digress. I stand before the flames, and welcome them. Flame on!

QFT^

:off: Ah, yes, nothing quite like shifting your voting preferences because of some horsehockey meaningless guilt-by-association show that was played up by the media and especially by Hillary's camp. I honestly can't believe how many otherwise levelheaded people actually fell for Hillary's trap on that one. Yes, the mf'er is misguided on a few things (yeah, the US Government gave black people AIDS on purpose...uh huh), but what's really interesting is that this guy has been preaching for several decades, for several hours, every Sunday. He's probably logged thousands of hours of speeches. But it's that one soundbyte that people see on Headline News and suddenly Obama's the same guy and he hates America. Really? Really? I'm no Democrat, and I have no allegiance to Obama, but to be frank: that's a load of sh*t. Our country is in big, big trouble...in many ways. We've got sh*tloads of real problems. Not that Obama is gonna necessarily fix them (nor should he), but focusing on this meaningless issue and letting it govern who you vote for is, well, irresponsible, to put it lightly.

And if you don't want religion in politics (I certainly don't), good luck. You think Hillary or McCain are atheists?

This isn't about religion in politics---because it wasn't Obama that brought it up. It's about guilt-by-association political smearing, and it's enough to make a cynic out of anyone---especially when you hear people say that the smear actually worked on them.

You know, if you want to see an episode that really does speak to someone's fitness for office, check out Hillary's flat-out lie about being under sniper fire and dodging RPG's. We've had enough deception for a lifetime over the past 8 years---the last thing we need is more.

But I digress. I stand before the flames, and welcome them. Flame on!

Damnit, who angered mini-Evan!, Evan's political mumbling alter ego? :D ;)

Depending on the source anywhere between 8%-20% were quoted as saying race played a role in their voting. Following the state primary that statistic was heavily discussed in the national media. To me, that serves as a de facto "brand" and "racism survey" whether it's fair or not.

All of that being said, you're right, I am taking it too personally. The Daily Show is pretty equal opportunity. Kentucky gets there turn next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back