Water Analysis: Ward Labs Analysis Type

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jewrican

Reaction score
I have just taken my sample to send to Ward for analysis. I am confused on which option to select. They have two wate ones and now a homebrewer one. Which should i be picking?

I have seen some say the 16.50 one is fine but i dont want to waste money and have to resubmit in the future

http://www.wardlab.com/images/SampleForms/HomeBrewer.pdf

Is the beer test for finished beers post fermentation?

So which test should i do?

That's great to see that Ward has recognized the value of their homebrewing customers with a named suite of tests for homebrewing. That homebrewing suite is a little more comprehensive than necessary and most water users will be able to ferret out one of the test results by themselves...iron. If there is excessive iron, it will be apparent via taste or by staining on plumbing fixtures. Red stains indicate iron and black stains indicate manganese.

As for the recommended testing, the W-6 suite of water testing is quite adequate for homebrewing information and it saves $10 for the brewer.

Enjoy.

Yeah i was kinda happy to see that on their website to be honest.

Thanks a ton for the information. I will save the 10 bucks and get the W6. I am really curious to see what it comes back with.

Back